Solved

Default filter to "Created by me"

• 4 November 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge
In Copilot, is it possible to change the default filter to "Created by me" instead of "All"?  This filter is great and will now allow us to utilize copilot but it showing users the things they've made first would prevent them from seeing all of the admin templates and lists.  It would help keep the view clean as well instead of defaulting to what will be a huge list once people start using it in a couple of months.
icon

Best answer by parthiban_periasami 4 November 2015, 20:01

View original

2 replies

Badge
Hi Lauren Marsh

I have 2 suggestions.

1) If possible we can get the ranking of all 5 strategies used in power list across all customers and take the 1st ranked strategy. We can pick this top ranked strategy and helps us to decide selecting a default strategy.

2)Answer to your question : Rite now we don't have the setting to default to User strategy.

How ever, let say you want to use base object as "Case" or "Account", you can create the Power list using the respective base object, choose the "created by me", don't fill any criteria, save it.

Then, have a Clone of this powerlist using Powerlist Clone functionality. You can have any number of Clone of this powerlist. Later, When ever you want to create a New Powerlist, you can use this Cloned powerlist to start filling criteria right away.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for sharing, Lauren. I see how it could make sense to start with a narrower, more relevant view of all the lists and templates. We'll look into how we can switch to "Created by me" as the default filter, while making it clear that not all assets are visible on the screen.

Two quick questions for you:

1. Do you expect anyone on your team to want this setting to be persistent or sticky, if they do switch to a different view? 
  2. Do you see a need for these views to be more customizable (adding more views, better filtering, etc.)?
Thanks,

Manu