Create a C360 Related List for JO Emails as a workaround for not logging to timeline

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Those of us who love Journey Orchestrator also feel the painpoint of these emails not logging to Timeline. While there is some good reasoning to consider for why this is not an out-of-the-box feature, JO is an extremely flexible tool, and therefore the decision for whether emails from a program should display in timeline or not should be left up to the GS admin for that instance.

Regardless, if you’re like me and need to show your CSMs automated emails but don’t want to do the heavy lifting of syncing to SFDC > back into Gainsight Timeline, a great workaround is to create a report and display it as a related list in the C360.

Here’s how I did it:

• Used the AO Emails object
  • In the “Show Me”, included the fields Created At (which is the Sent Date), Email Template Name, Full Name (Gs Participant Id → Full Name), Recipient Email Address (Gs Participant Id → Full Name), Email Opened, Bounce, Text Body

If you wanted to go a step further and limit the return of records to a specific program, you could add a filter for the Advanced Outreach Name.

To add it to the C360:

Navigate in the admin menu to Company > C360 Layout and choose the layout you want to add it to. Select “Related List” and choose the AO Emails object. Here, you’ll find your newly saved report. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

All of this said, it’s a workaround, and the ideal solution would be to have “log emails to timeline” as an out of the box feature for JO:

Badge +1

I love this workaround Sarah! Thanks for sharing. Adding to my backlog for sure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks @sarahmiracle for sharing the workaround… Btw, The cited core usecase is about to turn ‘Green’ … thanks to @Bhawya :)