Solved

Copilot Metrics

• 2 December 2015
  • 29 replies

When I view some of the outreaches we've put together in Copilot, it seems as though we're only able to track the number of opens, clicks, bounces, etc. The way we currently track our email outreaches is by the % of unique opens, clicks, and bounces. While I could see the benefit of tracking the pure number of opens and clicks, is there no way to also track the percent of unique opens and clicks as well?
icon

Best answer by ben 1 August 2018, 22:57

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 5
You can create a report from "Email Logs" as you see in the following snapshot.

Clicked -- Contains 1 or 0 based on clicked or not.

Click count -- Is the sum of all clicks on that email -- This is what you see in copilot analytics. We are planning to get unique open rate in the analytics down the line

Thanks, Sundar! Do you have an idea of when unique open/clicks would be available in the analytics section?
Userlevel 5
My guesstimate would be February. Will keep you posted on the exact dates anyway.
Is this still the case? Would be great to get for my analytics reports as well.
Userlevel 5
Cail - we got the open rate on the outreach listing page last release. Does that help?
Yes, it does. Can you advise how that's calculated? For example, I sent a group of clients 467 emails and they were opened 955 times. Why is the open rate calculated at 34%?
Badge +1
We also have a strong interest in having unique opens and unique clicks available in the analytics section, as well as visible from the main co-pilot page. 
I would be very interested in hearing a response to this question. My organization has wondered if this may be due to an email being forwarded? This may still catch the open rate, but is unable to account for the additional contact.

Would someone be able to confirm how are forwarded emails accounted for, if at all? Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Cail - Open rate is calculated based on unique opens / # emails sent whereas the total opens you see is total opens and not unique. 

Total opens can be huge for following reasons

1. Email being forwarded as John pointed out
  2. You start a conversation by replying to that email, then every time that thread gets opened the count is incremented 
  3. You have some email clients that cache your images which might get counted as opened even though the user has not opened. Edge case... (Gmail does not cache these images even though some articles assume so)
Userlevel 5
Lauren - Using unique opens the open rate is calculated, whereas the total opens you see is not unique. 

We are working on bringing the unique clicks in copilot reporting by next quarter.
Badge +1
Thanks, Sundar. I noticed that you calculate open rate using total number of emails sent. Is there a reason for doing this instead of total emails delivered (emails sent - bounces)?

Best,

Lauren
Very helpful Sundar, thank you.
Userlevel 5
I stand corrected, we are using emails sent - bounced for the calculation. 🙂
Badge +1
Thanks for clarifying 🙂
We, too, are looking forward to this enhancement for reporting next quarter.  Thank you.
Badge +1
Sundar - Are there plans to include Open Rate and Clickthrough Rate in the Analytics tab within the Cockpit? Also, will we be able to pull these analytics through to reports? Currently we can pull the sum (as you pointed out above), but that still requires us to manually enter or calculate Open and Clickthrough Rates. 

Thank you!

Lauren
We also have a need to see the unique opens and unique clicks. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I've added some of these details about CoPilot Analytics and Outreach stats to this article:

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/User_Guides/02_Revie...
Badge +1
Hi Lila - 

Is there an update on the ETA for when we will be able to pull unique clickthroughs and unique opens in Reports?

-Lauren
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Lauren,

I don't think that's going to be in the late August (5.2) release, but Sundar can provide more insight on the timeline. 
Userlevel 5
We are targeting this for Oct / Nov release timeframe. In the recent development of support for Relationship level outreaches we moved this further out.
Badge +1
Thank you Sundar.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi - I'm still not seeing unique metrics in the email logs reporting. Has this fallen off? Unique is a much different - and important - metric than total which can be quite skewed. 
Badge
Hey Kelly,

I think what you are looking for is "Opened" vs. "Opened Count". "Opened Count" in the Email Logs table is the RAW number of times the contact opened the email. This could be 0 to infinity. Meanwhile "Opened" is a numeric field that is a 0 if they have never opened the email, and a 1 if they have opened it at least once. 

With this in mind, you can do aggregations across various groupings and use "Opened" as your unique field. You can calculate Open Rate by taking "Opened" / "Sent" for a given aggregate field.

Hope this helps!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Thanks Ben, that helps