Question

copilot include formula in field token

• 22 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to include a formula when resolving a token value in the email template? e.g. if the contact's first name is empty then use the last name or if the last name is just email just use Dear customer?

This will be really useful because, our key contact may not have first and last name because we don't capture this in certain part of contact capturing forms.

Any plans in the road map to do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
You can set a default value in the token while building the email template. Default value will be filled in when the token value is missing. 

Badge
Sundar -- that works for single value substitutions. In this case I think the issue is that it's a combination of first and last names that needs evaluation.

Related, I'd [i]love to see the ability to turn on/off blocks of content. We have a situation where sometimes our client has an internal website for us to reference, and sometimes they don't. Today we have to run two templates and two outreach campaigns because we can't evaluate the existence of that value within the template.  
Following up on this, similar to what Jeffrey mentioned, is there a way to go to the default if the token is a specific value. For example, if we do not have the first name, we occassionally will list them as "unknown." Then, we would like to say if the first name is "unknown" default to the default value.