Solved

Copilot Follow Up Outreach

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I have been working with the new Copilot Outreach Follow Up feature, but noticing an limitation. It appears this follow up is built off of email logs and when building off email logs we can't use the same tokens in the templates the the original outreach. Is there another way to do this?
icon

Best answer by andrew_cummins 7 March 2017, 00:38

View original

16 replies

Badge +1
this is the limitation. No other way at this time. I had to resort to using a static email to send it from and reply to so I was not able to use TAGs. I posted this same idea 🙂 Great minds think alike.
Badge +1
Do we know yet if this enhancement is on the roadmap for Copilot?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I know this is planned, but don't have an ETA on when this will be released. I will let someone from product comment on that. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Is there an update as to when this will be released? 
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
This is scheduled for the Fall (November) Release. I think there is more information coming out in the coming weeks. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Thanks, Steve!
Hi! is there a solution for this issue yet? 
Badge +1
The Advanced Followup I believe is estimated for May release. In the mean time you can work on adding a few fields and writing rules to them. Steve has more details around that. For us it was not worth the effort and we will just wait for May. 
Badge
What is the work around way of doing this? My team is now unable to send follow-up emails using Gainsight because these tokens don't work for us. I tried pushing in other fields into the Email Logs MDA table, but that did not change the tokens I can choose from. Any other resources I can look into in the meantime? 
Badge +1
really would recommend waiting for the May release instead of getting lost in the back end....very easy to do. 
Badge
That makes sense. Though if there is a workaround I'd like to at least explore it. Our CSM's currently workflow is now heavily dependent on being able to send out these follow up outreaches. 
Badge +1
To fulfil the requirement of creating follow up power list below steps need to be followed.

• If using a custom object, create a lookup from Survey Participant to that object.

• Create 2 Checkbox custom fields with the names Email Sent and Survey Responded on custom (Project) object.

• Create 2 rules to populate the data into the above 2 fields.

[i]First Rule:

Source is Email logs and the target object is Custom (Project) object. In the set up section, filter the particular outreach using the Batch ID from Email logs table.

In the Action section, Map the Associated Value from the Email logs to ID in the custom (Project) object and set Email sent to True. 

Run the rule.

[i]Second Rule:

Source is Survey participant and the target object is Custom (Project) object. In the set up section, filter the particular Survey using the Survey Title from Survey participant table. 

In the Action section, map the look up field which was created earlier from the Survey participant to ID in the and set Survey responded to True. 

Run the rule. 

[i]Powerlist creation:

After running the rules, create a brand new power list on Custom (Project) object and add the below filter in the criteria.

[i]Email Sent equals True and Survey Responded Equals False

Trigger the power list and proceed with the outreach with the same email template. 

This outreach and power list are just like the follow up power list and follow up outreach.
Badge +1
So basically you are creating the follow up on the custom object and not email logs. 
Badge
This is also a big limitation for my use case.  Steve states that the fix will release in November and Andrew states it will release in May.  Can someone clarify the correct date?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Andrew is correct. There is a workaround... but its pretty extensive. We do have advance outreaches planned coming out in the May release. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Andrew is correct. There is a workaround... but its pretty extensive. We do have advanced outreaches coming out in the May release. There is a lot of new functionality around this feature but this case should be fixed.