Solved

Copilot - Email Template REFRESH when REPORTS in the Template are Updated

• 22 March 2016
  • 6 replies

I have created an email template that included several reports, and when I've noticed some errors in the reports, I went back and fixed them. But I've noticed that the new versions of the reports were not reflected in the email template. Is there any possibility to refresh the template without me deleting the reports in the template one by one and re-adding them?
icon

Best answer by sundar 28 March 2016, 07:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Cristina, We decoupled to avoid accidental change in report from report builder to cause wrong reports from going out from copilot. This was done intentionally, better to be safe than sorry was the driver for this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Makes sense, didn't think of that! The thing is that in my company I am the only Gainsight admin, so I don't have other people modifying the reports. But still, I agree that we should be really careful about email reports that go directly to the customer.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I would like to re-surface this idea.  We can easily see where reports are used and would only ever intentionally change the report if we wanted the Journey to reflect those changes.  It is a 3 step non-intuitive process to re-publish modified reports in a Program.  Please make these dynamic.  Perhaps, in Report Builder when saving there could be a pop-up reminder this is part of a Program instead of making us always manually re-map all saved filters and re-publish in the Program.  This does not happen anywhere else in the program, Report changes are dynamic in the c360 and Dashboards.  This should be consistent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@angela_domenichelli there’s a community request post on this actually: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

That is about email templates in Playbooks, not reports in Programs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That is about email templates in Playbooks, not reports in Programs.

Ah yea, I keyed in on templates and ignored the rest I guess. Reading is hard sometimes what can I say!