Solved

Common updates to Email template variants

• 15 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

From the user: “We have a program in place that has 3 email outreaches to reach out to customers to schedule a business review. Each one has numerous variants in order to contain unique info for each CSM sending these emails (spoofed email signature, unique calendar schedule link), and these emails require somewhat frequent updating of language in order to stay fresh or adapt to the times (e.g. covid times). Another update of them all is due now. Would you suggest I go to the effort of switching these all to custom html email templates instead of plain text I have to re type each time? Or what would be your best suggestion for handling this in the least painful way?”

“Most of the variants will get the same updates (a language refresh -- e.g. replacing a couple of paragraphs with different wording). But again, the variants will still always have unique info like spoof email signature and unique calendar scheduling link.

My experience to date is that I have had to basically type each email update fresh because any kind of copy and paste for the updated language leads to introduction of formatting issues.”

icon

Best answer by elizabeth_adams_c593ee 15 December 2020, 16:54

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi!

You can use either plain text or HTML and choose the one that best fits your purpose.  However, if you’re making updates or want to copy and paste in old text, I find it easier to do (without adding unintended formatting) in the HTML view. Especially in a plain text email, it’s pretty easy to see where the text needs to go.

I hope that helps,

Elizabeth