Solved

AO Participant Custom Fields - usage reporting

• 5 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Recently I learned about the AO Participant Custom Fields object and would like to use it for more efficient reporting than employing data designer or adding to a Load Usage Rule. Does the mapped field update in terms of usage information? For example, on a recent Journey Orchestrator advanced email program, I mapped a field regarding setup of a particular feature; the Boolean field it references is located on the Usage Company Information object. 

After the program runs I will need to report on conversion, whether this usage field is now true after the participant entered the program. Will that mapped field be updated with current information?

icon

Best answer by sdrostgainsightcom 5 June 2023, 20:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @rebeccasherman !

Glad you’ve tracked down the Custom Fields object to help with 1-stop JO Participant reporting.

By design, those values are not updated based on the source data -- it is meant to be a snapshot of the data you pulled in with your Participant query (or other Participant data source) when that particular person entered the JO.

It can come in very handy for rolling NPS or CSAT JO’s, for instance, as you can see the datapoints that were used as tokens in the email for any participant on any given day of entry -- or what the Usage numbers were if you carried those through as part of your criteria for pulling in Participants.

This does mean, however, that you will have to continue using Data Designer to bridge between your 2 different source objects (usage & AO Participants in your case).

Hope that helps!

Scott Drost

Badge +1

Thanks so much, Scott! That clears it up! :)