An Admins role within Gainsight

• 6 October 2015
  • 1 reply

Hi All

I am an Admin part of a team to help setup GS and increase adoption of GS with our CSMs within the company.

I do not use GS as a daily management tool having said that I feel like as Admins trying to increase adoption of GS within the org (as 1 of many scenarios) we could make good use of GS tools and want to start a best practice for Admins section here.

Things I can see for us are:

• Using Co-Pilot (As appose to Marketo that we currently use) for an outreach on training materials for GS related things/new features to our internal CSMs and then analyse who has or has not clicked/opened the email
  • As an admin it would be great to create an outreach on a CSM that is perhaps using C360 more than Cockpit with perhaps a reminder and a training video. 
I am just opening this as a discussion forum to see whatelse we admins can best use GS features for internal use case.

Naquiyah Cash

1 reply

Hi there,

I really like your idea about using Copilot to drive Gainsight adoption within your organization. Your first idea about sending training materials and then tracking who opens them is a good use case. You can even automate a followup email based on whether or not the original email was opened or clicked.

I think it would be much more challenging to create an outreach targeting CSMs who have C360 views > Cockpit views. This would require loading your Gainsight Usage Report excel doc into your own instance of Gainsight. This is a good amount of work.

At Gainsight, we recently automated survey notifications to our CSMs using Copilot. If a CSM's account is going to receive an NPS survey this month, we send them an email from Copilot a week beforehand. That way they know who will be receiving a survey. We include a link to a report in Report Builder that shows specifically which people will be receiving NPS surveys.

Will Robins

Admin @ Gainsight