Solved

Advanced outreach participants refresh

• 14 December 2017
  • 14 replies

Badge
Can the  participants in an Advanced outreach be called every 2 hours? I could only schedule once a day
icon

Best answer by abhishek_sivaraman 1 January 2018, 08:04

View original

14 replies

Hi,

Could you explain more about this use case? When you say call every two hours, are you talking about using the powerlist/query data sources refreshing and bringing data into an advanced outreach every two hours?

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge
Query data sources
Hi,

We have the option of setting schedule for query data source since the Fall release. You can check here for more details regarding the same.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge
The scheduler lets me refresh it once a day. Can it refresh every 2 hours?
Hi,

Unfortunately, at this point , it is not possible. We do have the ability to use Events as a source so that you can use our Event Framework to post data and add a participant into Advanced Outreach for near real time use cases. More details here.

Can you elaborate a little bit on the use case for the need to refresh every 2 hours and add it into an Advanced Outreach so that I can have a better understanding?

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge
Events is real time agreed but if the data resides in MDA its not possible. 
Badge
The need for the 2 hourly refresh is more to do with sending emails immediately. For eg: someone expressed interest in buying a product and we want to send them an email as soon as the CSM updates the field and it updates on MDA
Badge
I am also very interested in this functionality. First, it's my understanding that the Query Builder for AO is really just a copy of the Bionic Rule functionality. Thus, (from an outsiders perspective) adding cron scheduling should be doable. I think it would be nice to have the choice of both options: immediacy with Events or small delay (i.e. 2 hours) with cron scheduling. 

I agree that the Events Framework can do the same thing, however there are considerable trade offs. I can do cron scheduling entirely myself, without intervention from IT or Operations. On the other hand, every Event you setup requires a custom trigger for that given object (see article: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Administration/General_Administration/Events_Framework_Overview). This is a big hurdle for our Ops team, and also a good deal of work for them. 

Our use case is providing a customer with their renewal information after the order closes. However, I don't want this sent immediately at the time the Opportunity closes as there are other updates that are required on their account after the order is closed, but before the email is sent. Thus, the 2-hour delay is perfect for us. At the same time, a 24 hour delay is not as acceptable.
My request is similar but slightly different. Rather than scheduling more frequently than once a day..which would be nice..I'd prefer to run based on a trigger. I want to run this program based on an incoming activity within SFDC. 

The specific use case is our Learning Management System. Every time someone requests a license, I want the program to run and send  them the relevant emails. Batch processing is not enough in this case. 

Thanks
Badge
I think the Events Framework would work for this use case. More info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product...
Badge
We definitely need some way to trigger refreshes for AO's more than once per day. We get new customers triggered into Gainsight throughout the day, and they have to wait until the next day to receive their first outreach from us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Allie, have you considered the Events Framework that Ben linked in the message right above yours? It triggers new participants into Advanced Outreach in near real time. 
Badge
Working on that this week 🙂 thank you!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
This would be really useful for us as well. We want to send near real-time internal alerts to our client account teams and leadership whenever a contact responds to an NPS or Implementation survey.  

Events framework would possibly work but this requires us to get resources from our CorpEng/SFDC team which can be difficult and slow to work with.