Question

Add Salesforce fields to email logs for reporting

Badge
We just started using copilot and want to run reports on this information.  Is it possible to pull in salesforce account and contact fields, other than the out of the box fields, into a report like this?  Items such as contact Role and Account Industry are examples.

Thank you,

Lauren

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We had this need and GS consulting set up another MDA Object "Master Email Logs" so we could pull them into that and key reports off that object. Kind of a kludgy workaround that we have had to work some kinks out with but apparently there is a limitation of some sort until Email Logs gets moved into Redshift? Someone smarter than me can probably explain further or clarify.
Userlevel 5
Yeah thats right! We are working towards bringing this into Redshift after which pulling in the contact or account fields should be easy (Assuming you have sync'd Account into MDA)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
How soon can we expect this Sundar?
Userlevel 5
Optimistically speaking  - July release. 
Badge
Hi - I understand we can now add SFDC fields to the Email Logs table and then write a rule to populate them, correct?  Is there an easier way to merge the two without populating the table with a rule?

Is there also a plan to make the Email Raw Events editable in the same way?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth:

Most customers are using a rule to populate these new fields on the Email Logs table.  That's what I've done on my recent implementations.  I'll let Sundar speak to if Email Raw Events will be editable in the same way.

Thanks

Scott
Badge +1
I would like to follow-up on this. What is the timing for the ability to pull in Account information into the Email Logs MDA? We are leveraging the Company MDA table and would like to simply enable the 'look-up' on the Account ID to the Company MDA. However, we currently are not able to do so.

Please let me know if there are any updates on a more 'out of the box' solution to this issue rather than creating rules and adding fields to the Email Logs MDA table.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Following up here, is there a fundamental reason we don't allow joins into the Email Logs object? Would be really nice to be able to have it join to the Company Standard object.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Are there any plans to allow us to edit/add lookups to the Email Log object? It would be great if we could bring in Company instead of having to create rules to populate custom fields.

+1