Transformation step for the Salesforce Connector

Related products: None

In the Salesforce Connector 2.0 I can only use source and target, it would be nice to have a transformation step as well where minor corrections can be made. For instance adding case fields or additional filters.

We have this option in the “Freshdesk” connector where I use a transformation step to translate the built in Priority names in Freshdesk to our reporting standard P1-P5

@DavidT thank you for posting it here, please expect a delay in replying to your request.

Hi @DavidT - there is a work around for this in the Rules Engine. You can create a rule to pull the data from GS and then add any transformation or merges to the data afterwards.

Rules can run every 2 hours with a cron expression where as connector jobs can run every hour. That’s a slight limitation but there is a lot more features for transforming the data. 

Hi @DavidT - there is a work around for this in the Rules Engine. You can create a rule to pull the data from GS and then add any transformation or merges to the data afterwards.

Rules can run every 2 hours with a cron expression where as connector jobs can run every hour. That’s a slight limitation but there is a lot more features for transforming the data. 

@jean.nairon thanks for posting the workaround! 

@DavidT sorry, as of today we don’t have anything on the road-map. I would say to go with @jean.nairons workaround.