Formula Calculations in Reports 2.0

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

It would be beneficial for Reports 2.0 to have simple formula calculations available such as +, -, SUM, AVG, %.  An Example where this would be helpful is with Email Logs.  We have sent a survey and within Reports we currently can't report on the "Outstanding" surveys.  If we could create a report with a formula that allows us to subtract completed from sent we would be able to get this data.
Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the feedback. One follow up question. Are both "Completed" and "Sent" columns in the same object?

Thanks!
I believe so, we sent our Surveys via CoPilot and are currently using Email Logs as our data source for reporting.
Thanks for confirming, Tracy! We are thinking through options to provide basic calculated metrics within report builder. Stay tuned for further updates.

Thanks! 
I think this would also make whitespace reporting easier as well. If I have billed in one column and actual in another I can rapidly find the delta without making a field to keep that value in storage for every measurement I might want to investigate. As the number of customers increase as well as the number of line items, that starts to add up my SFDC storage bill.

Matt
This would be a very helpful OOTB addition. One of our use cases would be to calculate the duration of a CTA

Created Date - Closed Date
I agree - We have several use cases where additional calculations would be beneficial - calculating duration or adding up different levels of engagement activity, etc.
We have several requests recently to have information comparing timeframes of information. One example is last 7 days compared to prior 7 days.
This would be huge for us as well! We have a data feed that has provides us with counts of successful transactions vs. count of failed transactions. This is currently provided at a user level with a Success %. However, if we want to see the success % across all users aggregated, we are forced to average the Success % in the report which is misleading. Being able to add the calculation ourselves would allow us to sum each users success transactions and failed transactions and then add a column to calculate the overall % for the company. 
This would be helpful for our use case of calculating a CSM's progress to reaching an upsell goal. For instance, we want to be able to build a report that looks at a CSM's total available renewable amount vs the amount they actually renewed to see the percentage difference (i.e. whether they hit 100% available revenue renewal or 110% each quarter, etc). 
Just to chip in here - we would benefit from this feature too. Having an MDA table with dimensions on multiple levels like region -> country -> city -> date ... we can't calculate an average on the fly depending on which level is shown in a report.

That average would be calculated on the fly from two measures grouped by one of the dimensions above for example.

Also I found another Idea post similar, if not same to this one which is in "Planned" state, but last comment there is 8 months ago.

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/formulas-in-reports-2-0
Same! I know this is doable in the Rules engine, but would prefer the option to be within Reports 2.0, also. Any update on this feature request?
This is becoming more of a necessity for us. Having the ability to create formulas within the report that update based on the filters applied to the report (such as date range) would allow us to see true calculations of the field we are trying to look at rather then an average of the calculation that was done at the line level within the MDA. 

Any update on this? 
Whats the update on this request?
Any update on this request? This feature would provide alot of value to our organization and keep our users within Gainsight as opposed to going to our BI tool as they do now. 
That you all for actively asking this feature. As on today formula calculations/fields are prioritized for Fall 2017 which means that it will be available around Nov' 2017. Will keep you posted on any changes in the ETA here.
Is this still on track for the fall release? I have a lot of customers asking about this, and I want to make sure I'm not misleading them. Thanks!
Hi Spencer, this item has moved out from Fall' 17 scope, giving way for other higher priority items, though it was a candidate during the initial fall planning. I will keep this thread updated, when we get a chance to pick it up again (hopefully next winter).

Thanks

Venky
Please keep us posted on the timelines. The inability to do more complex reporting and analysis is somewhat limiting and causes us a lot of extra working building MDA tables so we can get the results we need.
We're in the same boat- having to do a lot of extra work with creating MDAs in order to get a simple calculation in reports. I would think this would be a higher priority!
With Fall release coming up next week, can you provide an update as to where this falls in the Winter priorities? It was mentioned that this was pushed due to higher priorities but given that there are multiple feeds with this request and almost 30 folks on this thread alone voting for this, I'd be curious to know what denotes a high priority. 
Any update on this?
This still a dream??

It's coming in the May 6.3 release!

Oh my Gosh! I like this.gif!... Looking to use it.

Hi All, Here is a good news about the implementation of calculated fields in Report Builder.

The Report Builder now offers a new functionality called Formula Fields. With Formula Fields in Reporting, admins can instantly create a formula field in Report Builder, based on their business requirements. These reports can then be consumed in all other functionalities of Gainsight, like: Dashboards, C360/R360, Success Snapshots, etc.

Currently, in Gainsight, admins can also create Formula Fields in Rules Engine and Data Management, and can use them in reports.

You can create Formula Fields of String, Date and Number Data Types.

Formula fields can be applied only on MDA objects and you cannot create formula fields on the following objects: Email Logs, Email Raw Events and Unsubscribed Emails.

Please follow this article for more information.