Restrict license deployment

Related products: None

Is there a way to limit the licenses for customers in User Management? I do see a common use case around GS license deployment with my customers. We do not have any mechanism to restrict the customers from deploying licenses more than they have purchased. Few of the customers bought viewer licenses but deployed them as full licenses for a significant amount of time until we checked. It would be good to have a check/pop up displayed when they exceed the number of licenses they deploy and if possible - by type.

Hello @Anshita, thank you for posting on Community. Passing this along to our Product Manager to be looked into and circle back to you with an answer.

And if we could display the entitlement directly from user management instead of in Gainsight C360 (or just in Gainsight C360), it would already be a good start to knowing where we stand (I know we can build a report for that but still).

Something’s just crossed my mind during the dogs’ walk:

IF we have a Gainsight or a nCloud or other affiliated TAM working in our instance, I’m pretty sure the license count goes down in User Management even though I was told several times that it doesn’t get deducted from our entitlement, which means if we have 10 full licenses, and 10 CSMs and 1 TAM, it would show 11 even though we have really got 10 assigned.

So, if that becomes a thing, can we ensure that we somehow see this as something separate and it doesn’t lock us up, it would be great.