Report on User Log in data

Related products: None

Login History example to report on

It would be great if the user log in information found under user management was availalble as part of the User Object so that reports could be run on the data as well as action triggered.

Use case: Want to make sure that purchased Gainsight licenses are being regularly used. Want to make sure that my team are using the tool. Want to make sure we are getting value from the software.

I have a similar request for my customer where they would like to report on Gainsight Adoption %.

Me too! I would be more self-sufficient by obtaining my own user data

@sam_buddery valid use-case, will check with the product team and get back to you here. 

@sam_buddery  @anna_james @karen_adornetti  @sai_ram  This is built, Now you can get the report of user login history. This would be released as part of Feb_RT. Thank you!

@sam_buddery  @anna_james @karen_adornetti  @sai_ram  This is built, Now you can get the report of user login history. This would be released as part of Feb_RT. Thank you!

Amazing! This will really help towards monitoring user adoption. Thank you!

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.13 release. Admins can now set login preference to Gainsight NXT to see Gainsight Notifications received through an Email. This is applicable only to the Gainsight NXT customers connected through Salesforce Connector.  

This feature is implemented in the NXT version only.

Thanks for posting!

@sam_buddery  @anna_james @karen_adornetti  @sai_ram  This is built, Now you can get the report of user login history. This would be released as part of Feb_RT. Thank you!

Hi Uday

I can see this by reporting on the user login history object, however this has every login as a date-time stamp stored as a string. I would like to somehow extract the following from this; 

Logins per day (per user)
Last login date (per user)

But don’t seem to be able to? Is there a solution?

Thanks,

@sam_buddery, @anna_james, @karen_adornetti Here is the release notes for which @uday was talking about. 

Fantastic!

Just need to get migrated over to NXT ! :grinning:

@sai_ram thanks for sharing the notes - any advice on how to extract the following; 

Logins per day (per user)
Last login date (per user)

As the Login Time field is a string :grimacing:

Hi @HollySimmons we have fixed the login time data type issue. You should be able to build the report according to your requirement . 

does this also work if you access GS in NXT via SFDC? I am in GS every day and the user management says i have never logged in

Hi Folks,

I think I have found a way out here, please see the below screenshot. Let me know if you have any questions.