Changing Success Plan Type and keeping its data

Related products: None

Some users have been in the habit of changing the Success Plan Type and Name whenever their account changes implementation stages. However, with the new 5.1 update, this has been removed to allow for us to categorising objective category by success plan type. 

The unintended consequence of this is loss of functionality for some users!
Hi Guys,

I'm one of these users.

Our case use is the following:

1. We use Success Plans for our implementation projects.

2. When an ISM receives a new customer, s/he creates a new Success Plan.

3. Let's say the Success Plan is of Type = A,

4. The type relates to the purchased onboarding package A.

5. When selected, the Success Plan Type will show in the Success Plan summary all the KPIs   necessary to accomplish that project.

Problem: what happens is that sometimes at some point during the onboarding the Customer and the ISM agree that the onboarding package should be another one (let's say the B package), and change the package.

Until then the ISM would just change the Success Plan type and all KPIs showing in the summary would change. However after the update it's not editable anymore.

The only way would be deleting the whole Success Plan and starting over again, losing all the annotation inside the Success Plan and all the objectives created.

Please bring back the possibility to edit the Success Plan! :)

Thanks,

Bruno
Hi,

Thanks for the post. We will look into the possibilities of making this enhancement and will keep you updated about the status.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Nitisha,

I've posted this 1 month ago. Have you only seen it now? I thought this would already be back in the software this next release on 25/08, as it is a loss of functionality that we were using before you guys took it of.

Also, your statemente doesn't give me any clue about when or if it will be back.

Let me know if this will come back, as it is currently a huge pain to delete a whole success plan with data inside just to create it again just to change the type.

Thanks
Hi Bruno,

Their are few technical challenges in making this enhancement. It is not likely to be implemented in next 2 releases. 

Thanks,

Nitisha
H Nitisha,

What technical challenges?

This was a functionality that was working before. What possible change could be so difficult to roll back?

Bruno
Hi Nitisha,

Is there an update on this? We are having a similar issue in that we have reason to update the type for multiple success plans. Currently, we would need to delete and re-create over 100 success plans to make the adjustment. In the meantime, all our reporting is off. 
Hello, Aubrey from Adobe Sign had a similar request today - specifically, being able to change a success plan type after a success plan has been created, and especially when it's still in draft mode.

Is this something that will be supported soon?

Thanks,

Nadav 
Has there been a fix put in place for this? We have just implemented Gainsight and implemented some types but as we have learned we need to change them but this does not seem possible for the success plans already created.  I have about 37 Success Plans I need to change the type for and I'm stuck.
Hi,

Has there been any progress on this item or any timescales?

We have some Success Plans which need to have the Type changed.

Thanks

Hi Neil,

This is not something we are actively working on / plan to work on in the near future. I will keep you posted if any progress is made on this

Thanks