Opt-In for Emails

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

Hi Team,

Currently we have an options to opt out of e-mail categories but not to opt in. Customer wants to let their users opt-in to get e-mail as per GDPR and They want to let their users to opt in for any communications. 

Thank you.

@Syam Sunder do you mean, you need an option called Opt-in for Opt-out users? 

This is critically important. global regulations require that users explicitly opt in. take an action saying “yes I want to receive emails from you”

Hi @sai_ram,

I didn’t mean that. We need to give users the option only to opt into the categories they would like, as per GDPR.

Thanks & Regards,

Syam

Hi @sai_ram,

I didn’t mean that. We need to give users the option only to opt into the categories they would like, as per GDPR.

Thanks & Regards,

Syam

@Syam Sunder understood your requirement. Thanks!

Hello @mglarocca @Syam Sunder 

Currently we are do not have this support in our product out of the box, we are trying to understand more details around this. Allow me to get back to you on this once i figure this out.

@mglarocca FYI - another opt in topic.

We need this as well for Europe. Their laws require double opt in.

We have a similar issue where if someone opts out, we need a process to opt them back in regardless of GDPR. There is no stand alone way to send someone’s preference center.

This is the post I put up about our issue with being able to opt back in:

Thanks for creating this ticket for me @Syam Sunder.

This is a critically important feature for us and any other clients in the EU who must comply with GDPR and require users to opt-in not opt-out.

Please share any updates from the product side on being able to get this functionality added when this has been figured out @chethana 

Thanks 

Hello @mglarocca 

I have added this to our roadmap, soon we are conducting virtual customer advisory meeting to understand any other requirements around opt-out options.

@chethana Can you provide any additional roadmap updates following the CAM you mentioned last year?

This would greatly help us get our important/critical product updates to the “right” people. I get requests weekly from CSMs/customers asking how to opt in to the email address we use for operational type emails. Currently, we send our messages to contacts who have an owner role in our platform, but accounts are heavily asking us to include/remove specific people regardless of their platform role. 

Nearly every send we are dealing with accounts wondering why we cant just include this person or that person on our send lists. Managing these on a one-off basis really isn’t scalable or feasible. Allowing people to opt in would greatly benefit our operations and our customer satisfaction. 

What is the current status of building this functionality? 

Hi @rachel_s 

We are looking to solve in coming few months.

Hi! @ssamarth is there an update for this?