Increase clarity of Report Name in Dashboards

Related products: None

Improve the readability and clarity of the Report name in Dashboards, especially for Reports taking up smaller spaces, such as Widgets.

Here’s an example of the Report Name being cut off when 3 widgets are added to a Dashboard.

Yes….if you mouse over the Report Name, the full Report Name will appear as a pop-up. However, the basic use case for a Dashboard is fast scanning. Having to mouse over elements just to see Titles runs counter to the basic use case of a Dashboard.

+100 to this.

This also should be applicable to the reports that are utilised in the adoption explorer dashboards. 

Plllleeeeaaasssee

Related posts as well, send your votes!

+100 to this as well. It’s annoying to need to make my widgets bigger just to fit the report name (and then the actual widget is drowning in excess white space).

Tangentially related post -- if we could have aliases for our report names in a dashboard I could also shorten my report names in the dashboard

Awesome call out, @sarahmiracle . 

The item you’ve linked to is another of my HA pet peeves. (And yes….I’ve voted!)

@matthew_lind - we took a stab a fixing this, now you can see more of the title by default, while we are looking into improving this further in the coming releases would love to hear feedback on the current implementation.  

@Azad - Consider me a fan! I like seeing just a bit more of the Report Title. This enhances clarity, especially for the “Widget” style Reports, which tend to be the ones which get cutoff most easily.

@matthew_lind - we took a stab a fixing this, now you can see more of the title by default, while we are looking into improving this further in the coming releases would love to hear feedback on the current implementation.  

Hallelujah! My only recommendation visually is to make the contrast of the buttons on mouse-over a bit more defined, as the refresh starts to fade into the title a little, even when fully resolved.