Email assist parent/child account contact association

Related products: None

I have a customer that uses a child/parent relationships and CTA's could open for either or, but the contact from either side does not pull into the CTA when fired. 

For instance

I have Parent A and Child B

The contact I need lives on Parent A but the Child B is where the CTA fired for. They would like to be able to see the contact from Parent A on the Child B CTA as they are related. 
This actually happens even if the contact exists on the child account.  The only work-around is to type the entire email address instead of selecting the contact.
Totally meant to put bidirectional on there! Sorry about that!
Originally I posted a comment here about the Salesforce "Related Contacts" feature...but then realized I missed the point of this post.

Is your customer using Related Contacts?

We use it - but it doesn't work with Email Assist because EA is hard-coded to use the Contact object only.

We DESPERATELY need Gainsight to revamp EA to leverage the Related Contacts. It's core to our entire contact management strategy and we cannot use EA (or associate contacts to Timeline) in its current state.   Vote this way up!
Thanks for following up Jeff.  We are using the Related Contacts and are experiencing this issue with Email Assist.  I think that is why the contact appears in the c360, but cannot be added to an email assist email.
Yep same use case! I spoke to Gainsight product about it and they said we were the only customer they were aware of using RC. Guess that’s not the case
We really need this feature as well, and need it for Email Assist as well as timeline activities.

Jeff, we are also using Related Contacts so you are not the only one 🙂. It hasnt been fully adopted by all of our salesforce users but the CSMs who have larger account hierarchies use it. If there was the ability to pull contacts into Email Assist and Timeline activities via related contacts that would be a game changer for many of our CSMs. 
We are starting to utilize Related Contacts more than we have in the past but are currently running into this issue. I'd love to encourage our CSMs to update the related contacts on their accounts, but if it's not beneficial for email assist it is a pretty hard sell.
PS - we ran into an issue today where in Journey Orchestrator "Log to Salesforce" appears to log back to the DIRECT account if the participant is pulled from a RELATED account - seems like another feature that doesn't support Related Contacts.  We have a support ticket open on it now.  

I’m not sure this is the same vein, but we also use a parent/child setup and are having issues with including a contact from a child account into an activity with a parent.  It seems External Attendees are only available with whatever account you are adding the activity to.