Horizon Cockpit: Task View Please

Related products: None

Our users have often requested the ability to have a view into their TASKS only via the Cockpit. It is presently observed that the CTA Name field is mandatory and therefore will not allow for a custom VIEW of only tasks to be created.  Could it please be possible to allow for a Custom Admin VIEW to be deployed for this?? 

We’ve used a “work-around” by adding the “Next Task Due Date” column to the UI, but that doesn’t quite satisfy our user story on this one.  Can this please be considered? The Cockpit is our central work-hub and we should not force our CSM’s to click to a Dashboard to try to get this info. 

@keith_mattes Great to hear that the Cockpit is your highest usage! I acknowledge your request, I am redirecting this to our product team. Thanks!!

@keith_mattes Are you looking for a view where the user wants to see only their tasks as list and not the CTA of those tasks?

Yes, that is precisely what they have been asking for! We are an extremely CTA/Cockpit focused CS org and users would like a “Task Only” view in the Cockpit.

If there was a drop-down or a toggle or even a Custom View, that would likely work?  Happy to discuss or seek more feedback from our CSM’s.

@jamieordway @ashleyyoung @lindseyyoung5 

End Proctoring-

This would make our team’s lives so much easier! 

+1 - at a minimum there needs to be a way to ‘expand all’ collapsed CTA tasks.

Task view would be very useful. We just switched to Horizon and this has been a big complaint from our end users, that they don’t have this view. I like @keith_mattes workaround, but I also agree it doesn’t really fit the use case here of “when is the next thing due?” which more often than not is a task, as part of a CTA. Having to sort by task due date and then jumping into the cta instead of just seeing the task is a step backwards imo.

Agree @bradley  - having a “Next Task Due Date” column doesn’t solve the problem. ‘Having to sort by task due date and then jumping into the cta instead of just seeing the task is a step backwards” is 100% correct.

As one of our users said yesterday “It seems that the new Cockpit shows only the due date of the whole CTA and not the due date of specific tasks assigned to a CTA.  It’s really difficult to get a proper overview of my tasks now.”

@sriram pasupathi  We just released this yesterday and are already getting backlash on this.  Can this be fast tracked for correction?  cc: @minh_phan 

This is something our CSMs have consistently asked for. It would be great for them so they can see all the tasks that are due by their due date. Feedback is that it only shows the overall CTA due date so CSMs feel like they miss the steps

@sai_ram Can we update the status on this so it isn’t “waiting for a response?” This is much bigger than one customer and shouldn’t be held up on a reply from one person.

I also want to note that when sorting by next task due date, if a CTA has no tasks, or all the tasks are complete but the CTA is open, they all get grouped at the bottom which isn’t helpful. There are reasons to keep a CTA open, even if the tasks are complete.

Hello everyone, we have planned this in our immediate roadmap. We will ship it by Q2.

Hello everyone, we have planned this in our immediate roadmap. We will ship it by Q2.

Love it.

Awesome update :heart_eyes:  Can’t wait

Do we have a date for this yet? What does Q2 mean…? Does that mean by end of June at the latest? My team is very anxious for this and our use case is a little different than those mentioned above. It’s our CSAs who will most benefit from a task view since they get assigned to tasks within CTAs, but might not care about the whole CTA at all, just their portion.

And when this does become available, will it be an option within the c360/r360 cockpits as well?

@mindym Q2 is May-July timeframe. This mean end of July latest.This view will be available in both C360 and R360 cockpits too.

Hello everyone, we are working on the task view. We observe that the number of tasks are, on an average, 3 to 4 times more than the number of CTAs. This will have an impact on the performance. To keep the cockpit performant, we are evaluating to restrict the view to filter tasks for a 3 month timeframe (user/admin can define which 3 months in view creation and this can be any three months). Would this filter pose a challenge for your workflows?

@keith_mattes @gunjanm @darkknight @bradley @kellyrogers98 @davebrown2242 @andreammelde @mindym 

I would say that providing performance-centered “chunks” of the data that aligns with business needs would be an adequate first step with this and a huge win for our CSMs.  So this would be providing an individual quarter at a time? Would there be any other flexibility with the view/filter where they can set their own 3 month timeframe? 

Thank you for taking this up and providing an update.

This would still work for us. Ideally, the CSMs are wanting to see what tasks they have due in the next few weeks, so they are not going to be looking further than 3 months ahead at any given time

@sriram pasupathi I agree with @andreammelde I don’t know that CSMs would need to see tasks >3 months out. I think as long as we aren’t restricted to calendar quarters and you can have dynamic filters like “next N months” along those lines that should work. Would there be the ability to have pagination so that farther in the future tasks can be viewed without needing to change the filter?

Thanks for checking in!

@keith_mattes @bradley The idea is to have a dynamic filter for any three adjacent months. Example: Past 3, next 3, Past 2 and next 1, Past 1 and next 2 or custom selection (Jan-Mar).

@bradley We can’t paginate since only the data will be loaded in the server side. You need to change the filter to get the tasks for a different timeframe.

@sriram pasupathi for us, this would be an acceptable update since we do quarter by quarter analysis.  I also vote we somehow name  the task view after @bradley , honorarily :) 

@sriram pasupathi for us, this would be an acceptable update since we do quarter by quarter analysis.  I also vote we somehow name  the task view after @bradley , honorarily :) 

Haha the honor should at least be shared!

+1 on this demand. Do you have visibility on the implementation of this feature in terms of deadline ?