Solved

Survey CTA creation if field not empty - possible?

Badge +1
We would like to create a CTA our of a survey result only if the account has a CSM assigned. The advanced logic enables me to look for specific values for a field, but it seems I can't just check if the field is not empty. Any ideas or suggestions on how I would be able to achieve this?

I think that worst case scenario I'll have to have 2 surveys (one for non-csm customers and other for csm customers) and then have 2 advanced outreaches. Maybe a good idea for an enhancement request:

a) Improve advanced logics within surveys

or

b) Advanced outreaches that can leverage multiple surveys depending on specific conditions

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by karl_rumelhart 12 May 2018, 03:07

View original

4 replies

Badge +3
With the release next week we will be releasing the Create CTA action and Calculate Field capabilities for the Survey models (already available for Email Chain).  After the survey itself you can add a conditional wait and then a Create CTA Action.  To see if there is a CSM assigned you use a Calculated Field.  I think it can go like this: look at the Customer table and filter to the Account/Customer you are working on (or similar if it is a Relationship level thing) and grab a field like CSM Name and do a Count.  If this is 1 there is a CSM assigned. 
Badge +1
Thanks Karl for the tip. I tried it today a couple of times but I must be missing or doing something wrong.

1) In the Participant configuration I went to Calculated fields and added a field called CSM, using the object Customer Info showing me Count of CS Owner (the field we use to set up the CSM assignment). In the filter I set it to Customer Info::Account = SFDC Account ID

2) In the conditional wait, I set a condition for an existing calculated field (CSM) to be equal to 1 (there can't be more than one CSM assigned to the CS Owner field). I set the time limit to 5 minutes so that I can test it quickly.

It always default to the error one (downward) and nevere creates the CTA (which is the next step after the conditional wait.

Any ideas?
Badge +3
One debug tip is to try out the logic for the calculated field in Report builder so it is easy to see how things get computed.  I tried it out and also found that Count doesn't seem to work with lookup fields but works well on strings.  Do you have a field like "CS Owner Name" or something to base the calculation on? 
Badge +1
No dice... I'll see if the Support team can help out with maybe some further debug on their side. Thanks Karl for helping though!