Emails to timeline via Program in Journey Orchestrator

Related products: CS Timeline

Hi Team,

One of our customer wanted to log emails to timeline when a program is sent via Journey Orchestrator

Currently  we don’t have this functionality in Gainsight. Do we have this in our road map ?

Thanks

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please share the use-case?

Hi  @Mavalos93 

Can you please provide the use case scenario ,so that our product team can have a look at it and update to you accordingly.

Thanks

Sandeep

We really need this functionality as one of our CSMs will be handling low-touch clients and sending automated emails from Journey Orchestrator AND we use email activities towards the client Engagement health score. Is there a workaround where we can BCC in JO?

Hi @ana_g - you can access email activities in the email logs object to set automated health scores. Would that work?

@dan_ahrens  would configuring that involve send date on a specific program not being null perhaps? We’re also wondering about how to track whether a client replies. Current workaround in mind is to have the CSM log her replies to client replies as Email to Timeline, but that of course involves that manual step and a timely reply. Not sure if that would work in configuration for a JO email program with follow-up emails in mind, but such a report we’re hoping to use to see if a client replied or not. 

Hi Ana - it might be worthwhile to meet with your Gainsight Client Outcomes Manager to explain this workflow in detail and get some solutions recommendations. It might be hard to offer recommendations in this forum that will meet all of your needs for this specific use case.

I was just posed with this question from our project team today and have added +1 to this. 

We should have more actions available to us via JO steps as the product evolves.  Creating Milestone and timeline entries from all aspects of the tool is integral to provide consistency and flattening workflows.

With the addition of the Google plugin (which is awesome), the Timeline is featured more and more and we are leveraging the Timeline to track against our Customer Engagement models.

It would be a big relief to admins to not have to create rules off of the “AO Email” object based on status and template name to trigger a survey or create a milestone on the Timeline and just have an action in the Program to “Create Milestone” or “Create Timeline Activity” 

I was just posed with this question from our project team today and have added +1 to this. 

We should have more actions available to us via JO steps as the product evolves.  Creating Milestone and timeline entries from all aspects of the tool is integral to provide consistency and flattening workflows.

With the addition of the Google plugin (which is awesome), the Timeline is featured more and more and we are leveraging the Timeline to track against our Customer Engagement models.

It would be a big relief to admins to not have to create rules off of the “AO Email” object based on status and template name to trigger a survey or create a milestone on the Timeline and just have an action in the Program to “Create Milestone” or “Create Timeline Activity” 

This capability is on our medium term roadmap.

+1, just adding my use case and voice here. My company and I send a variety of emails from Programs/JO that we strongly feel should be logged on the Timeline because we want to be able to report or reference that they received communication on various issues. We send many emails that are not listed as Operational, and we believe that if we are creating a program to reach out to many clients at once then we for sure consider that part of their lifecycle for the year. 

Most recently, we were sending out some performance information via a non-operational email ahead of our busy season and would love for the Timeline to show who received that email moving forward. 

Again, just adding my voice, vote, and use case here. Thanks!

I absolutely agree. I see the timeline as a way of understanding all the activities whether driven by a CSM or automation. any time a client is touched it should be recorded in timeline. This gives everyone a full picture of what has been communicated, what additional improvements we can make on communication, and when to make those automated versus human touch decisions.

An added bonus would be snapshotting changes into the timeline. This would reduce the amount of “snapshot” MDA tables we have created to capture data/history. rather than all of it we can only snapshot changes. That would eliminate so much redundancy. 

Just a thought! 

This has been stressed by management and contract holder as very important functionality for our team. We’d love to be able to see all communication in one place (as opposed to having to click into a related list on the c360).

+1 for this

+1 on this feature for our team as well. We definitely would want the option of whether or not emails from specific programs should be logged, as we don’t want everything cluttering up timeline. Our use case is we are starting to send more automated messages via JO that highlight important transitions in a customer life cycle/transition to the next generation of our platform. The CSM is aware that they are being sent, but the emails are technically from our ‘success team’ and not sent individually by CSMs to use the current Log to Timeline functions.

Agree to what those above have said and adding my two cents as well.

As we look to send automated messages based on external events, having the ability to log those to timeline would be very beneficial.

Thanks!

+1 on this functionality request- surely if you are communicating with a client via an email program you would like to be able to view that or report upon that activity on the timeline? 

This allows other teams besides the CSM team to understand the activity which has happened. It is something which we need in our company. 

Adding to this request - our team is looking to build out more tech touch in the coming year.  Having the ability to log JO emails automatically to Timeline will be key for analytics on the efficacy of our TT strategy.

Furthermore, as a PX customer as well as CS, we’ll want to post in-app engagements that are part of JO campaigns into Timeline (eventually).

Thanks for all the feedback. This is one of our key short term priority. I will share more updates as things get finalised.

@nitisha_rathi thanks for the update! :relaxed:

Hi Team, This is also an feature we would like to track renewal notices and other notifications.

Hi Team,

Many of our customers are looking for this feature. Do we have any estimated ETA when this will be implemented ?

Hi GS Product Team,

Same requirement mentioned in this thread is cited by another customer. Customer wants to use Journey Orchestrator - Email chain model for sending out product updates to their clients. They want to configure a use case where the activity of sending emails via JO-Email chain will be logged in company's timeline. 

Would be great if this feature becomes available in near future.

Kind regards,

Teetas

@sai_ram and @nitisha_rathi I’ve seen a few post requesting this feature like this one here: 

It looks like it’s happening - is there any concrete timeline on when this will happen? And will it be in any way retroactive or just be logging emails once enabled? Thanks!

We are using log emails to SFDC for JO Programs with admin as default author and then syncing those into timeline using bi-directional sync with the filter restricted to admin users.

This is ugly but it is at least showing up in the timeline. Our CSMs now know the subject line, recipient and the email body. The email body does not sync pretty. It has html tags etc..

Would definitely vote 1000% for this feature. Our CSMs see this a gap that they did not have visibility of JO communications (what was sent and to whom) through the timeline. It is very relevant to have that data in timeline as it helps them in their conversations or follow ups.

Hello All,
We have syncing of Jo emails to timeline as medium term priority. I will keep you posted about updates.

This would be a game changer. We rely heavily on JO emails and our CSMs that manage 1:many customer segments need this visibility in timeline.