Question

Text area in C360 for Customer's testimonials

• 29 September 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
From time to time we receive testimonials from our customers and would like to be able to log these somewhere for use by Marketing etc.

How could we achieve this? Are we able to add a new section to C360 layout, a text field like the Comments section currently available, where CSMs can click Edit and enter Testimonials/short text snippets?

Thanks in advance

Katerina  

8 replies

Badge +3
I suggest that you use Timeline to capture customer testimonials.  You could create a custom Activity Type that have a variety of fields that capture the topic etc. and put the core of it in the notes field.  You can also include the individual(s) from the customer who specifically gave the testimonial, similar to how you capture meeting attendees.  Among other benefits it now becomes easy to create reports of all Testimonials across customers.   
+1 to Karl's suggestion.

Another way that we solicit testimonials directly from customers it by using a short Testimonial Survey that our CSMs can send through an Email Assist. You can see details about the survey here: https://www.gainsight.com/2017/06/02/guide-customer-marketing/
Badge +1
Thank you both for the suggestions.

I've added a new activity into Timeline which looks neat. Just need to figure out how to add a section on types/categories for marketing to be able to filter these by our different departments/products/service offerings. 

Once we have a proper customer survey set up, we will definitely combine this with the Survey option

Thanks again

Hi Katerina,

In fall(Nov) release, we are adding the capability to create dropdown custom fields in timeline. You can then create a custom field 'Product/ Dept', all it in the form of custom activity type 'Customer Testimonials' and use this field in reporting.

Will this solve your problem?

Thanks,

Nitisha
Badge +1
yes, that would be really helpful! thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi, Happy to inform you that this is implemented and shipped in Fall release on 28th November, 2017. 

Thanks for posting! Your feedback matters, please continue posting!

You can find more details https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/Current_Release_Notes/Release_Notes_Version_5.10_November_2017%3A_Incremental_Improvements#Cockpit / Playbooks / Success Plans#Activity Timeline
Badge +1
Would you know please when multiple choice drop down menu will be available to use in Timeline? I've created this field but can only add the single choice option, not the multiple one.

Thanks 

Katerina 
Hi Katerina,

Multiple choice dropdowns are on our roadmap but may not be available in next two releases. I will post ETA here once I have more clarity.

Thanks,

Nitisha