Dynamically Select Google Search Knowledge Base URL for each Bot

Related products: None

I have a customer using Google Search knowledge base integration but they would like to be able to assign a specific URL to each bot, based on language.  The use case here is that there are separate documentation sites for each language of documentation, which have unique URLs:

https://help.company.com/espanol/

vs

https://help.company.com/support.html

I like this request!  It would be ideal if the search URLs could be configured at the KC Bot level.  Being able to enable (turn on) the Google Search option in PX Integrations, then configure it precisely per KC Bot would provide better flexibility and options for sure.

+1 to this request!

Me too. We have multiple products using gainsight, each with a different help centre url so this is essential funcitonality for us.

@kate_green this is planned in the coming March Release. In Google Search integration let’s say you have added 10 domains for your knowledge base search. Then at every Bot you would be able to configure which Google search domain(s) do you want the bot to search knowledge base articles from.

Thanks

@aharkut Thats fantastic news. Thank you. Is there a limit to the number of URLs that we can add? We have 80 different products!

@aharkut does this mean Gainsight is also increasing the number of Google Search URLs that you can add? We reached a limit at 10, but would need access to more than 10 for our company and products. 

@aharkut Thats fantastic news. Thank you. Is there a limit to the number of URLs that we can add? We have 80 different products!

With 80 products, I can imagine that the current implementation will be a little challenging. I wish that instead of configuring all the URLs in the integration configuration, we could override the default search at the KC bot level. 

@aharkut does this mean Gainsight is also increasing the number of Google Search URLs that you can add? We reached a limit at 10, but would need access to more than 10 for our company and products. 

Hi @carol.hutchinson , as of now we are not looking at increasing the limit. But what limit would be a good limit for your use-case?

I work for the same business as Carol. We have nearly 100 different products. At the moment we have nearly 20 help centres, but ultimately could reach over 50.

@kate_green @Tracymack @carol.hutchinson - Ability to configure what Google Search domains would you want a KCBot to render search results from is now released. Please find the March Release notes - last section in the article explains the same.

-Abhilash

@aharkut - This is a start, but it would be better to be able to override the search domain at the KC bot level. We will have a different KC bot for each product version and want each KC bot to find content in the applicable product-version doc space. 

@aharkut - This is a start, but it would be better to be able to override the search domain at the KC bot level. We will have a different KC bot for each product version and want each KC bot to find content in the applicable product-version doc space. 

Hi @mmarques, the release that we have enables you to configure the search domain at KCBot level. I assume, each product-version would have a different search domain, if yes then that could be configured at every Bot.

Or, am I missing something here which you feel is not answered in the release. Happy to get on a call/ email to understand this use-case in detail.

-Abhilash

@aharkut - The current setup is that I add all the search domains at the integration configuration, and then in the KC bot, I select the search domain. I would prefer to type the search domain in on the KC bot. There are a couple of reasons:

• We want to be able to have the search domain to the specific directory applicable to the product and version. Imagine 12 products (with more to be added later) and 2 - 4 versions per year. The selection list will grow extremely long over time. Here is a screenshot where I added the directory for a product level, but did not go down to the version level:

• Only administrators can add the search domains. I would like the team members creating KC bots to be add the search domain applicable to that KC bot without relying on me or one of the few administrators.

@mmarques Understood - we will look into it.

@aharkut - I discovered an issue with the current implementation. I configured 7 search domains, but only the first 6 are visible on screen. I have to blindly scroll to the 7th. 

@aharkut - I discovered an issue with the current implementation. I configured 7 search domains, but only the first 6 are visible on screen. I have to blindly scroll to the 7th. 

Thanks for pointing this out @mmarques , will get a quick UX Fix done here.

We have implemented the search successfully. However, the search results are not the same as when we search the actual knowledge base. 

For exmaple, if I search on “VAT” via the Knowledge bot, I get 7 results. If I do the same search on our help centre domain, I get 38 results. I search on “subscription” and I get nothing, even though there are articles with that keyword in both th H1 and body text. Any thoughts? Is this expected and if so, are you looking to improve? We may need to remove the KC bot because the search is so poor.

Thanks for posting to PX Community @Tracymack !

You can verify the results using Google Advanced Search using the very same Search Domain and Search text, since this is what PX KC Bot is using. 

If the results are different, then definitely create a PX Support ticket (pxsupport@gainsight.com) so this can be investigated and resolved.

Thanks for pointing this out @mmarques , will get a quick UX Fix done here.

@mmarques a scroll has been introduced in the Search domains section.

@aharkut - I look forward to your fix of the scroll showing up. I didn’t yet see it, but I guess it takes a while for the fix to roll out to all production environments.

Hi @mmarques, the fix has been deployed to all the Production environments, this video is from one production environment. If you are unable to see the scroll let me know.

Thanks,

Abhilash

Hi @mmarques, the fix has been deployed to all the Production environments, this video is from one production environment. If you are unable to see the scroll let me know.

Thanks,

Abhilash

@aharkut - No, I am still unable to see the scroll. Should I open a ticket? 

@mmarques, definitely open a ticket.  The last dropdown option is being cut off even when the scroll bar is available. :(

Hi @mmarques and @link_black , this should have been fixed by now. Apologies, I could not update before.

Hi @mmarques and @link_black , this should have been fixed by now. Apologies, I could not update before.

Thanks @aharkut ! It’s working in my environment. :-)