Don't show the numeric score for RYG or Grade-labeled scorecard schemes - confusing

Related products: None

When configuring a scorecard as a Red-Yellow-Green (or other colors) or a Grade schema, Gainsight requires that a range in the 0-100 scale be assigned to each level.

When a measure is set to that score by the rules engine or a user, Gainsight sets the score to the midpoint of the range (if Red is 0-20, the score in the background is stored as 10). In other words, every "Red" has exactly the same score.

The Issue: When users are looking at the scorecard and the mouseover text pops up, the score is always shown along with the label.  

This can be confusing, as it implies that the numeric score 'means' something, even though the user will see the same score for every measure set to Red, or Green, etc.

More, for many simpler scorecard schemes, the numeric ranges set by the admin are arbitrary - it's the 'buckets' with the labels that matter - so the admin will split the numeric ranges into even thirds for RYG, for instance.

The request: Can the numeric score be suppressed from the mouseover on RYG and Grade configurations?  See screenshots below:

+1 on this. Very confusing to show a number when on RYG only.
Hi Scott/Rob, Technically true,redirecting this to our product team.

Thanks for the suggestions!
+1 for us as well. We would like to have the 'score' only presented in the format defined (RYG, 1-X range, A-F). 
Hi Scott,

Thanks for sharing this...what you have mentioned makes complete sense...there is a change the users might get confused by the scores.

One question, have you come across a need to see the number even when using RYG/Grading scheme? (i.e is there a need to make it configurable?)
Hello Aditya - 

I haven't come across a need for the end user to see the numeric score in the UI yet for Grade/RYG scoring - I think most users ignore it since most of the time it is arbitrary - just the midpoint between the boundaries set by the admin.

That said, since the scores ARE shown, nobody will say anything about needing them . . . I'm sure if we just removed them, we'd hear about it from users, but maybe a 2-step deprecation (checkbox first to turn on or off and then get rid of them) is the way to go?