Customize Drill Down Field Labels

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

It would be nice to have the ability to customize the headers in report drill downs. Today, you can change the header labels in show and by sections of the graph report. You can't customize them when you configure the drill down. 

Thanks!
Bumping this back to the top - I was curious if this is planned at all. I've had multiple customers asking about it.

It has become increasingly important as MDA standard objects all have "Name" as the field label when going through Joins (i.e. Account Name, CSM Name, Relationship Name are all just name.)

Thanks.
This is in the active roadmap. Will update the ETA here as and when we get clarity on it.
This appears to be the same issue as this:  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/reports-allow-relabel-of-report-detail-headings?top...

Can they be merged?  Also, can we get an update on when this will be available?  This may not seem like a big deal, but when you have multiple "NAME" fields on the chart it becomes confusing for end users to have to try and decipher the reports themselves.... i.e. "Is this the CSM Name or the Author Name?"
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reports: Allow relabel of report detail headings.

It would be helpful to be able to relabel the headings that display when you drill down into graph report, especially when you have fields with the same name that are pulled as a result of multiple lookups.

Example:

This list above is derived from clicking a data point on a report that shows Relationships by CSM.

I want to be able to show the CSM Name, the name of the Customer and the name of the Relationship when they click on a data point.

I end up performing the following lookups:

lookup to User::Name (for CSM Name)

lookup to Company::Name (for Customer Name)

lookup to Relationship::Name (for the Relationship Name)

Because I cannot appear to relabel them in the drill down display, all three columns are labeled "Name"

This request is somewhat related to https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/allow-ability-to-relabel-fields-anywhere-in-gs
Any updates on this?
Adding on to this as well.  We'd love to have this option as there are several fields that we would like to name a more common name versus what's shown.
This was noted as "on the active roadmap" a year ago. Is there any update?

It's items like this that have people in my organization calling Gainsight a "terrible" reporting tool.

@venky_reddy_k

@rakesh : Can you let us know when is this planned as this has been a customer ask for more than an year? Also, it has quality of life implications 😉 from end user to admin.

YES YES YES. I was JUST reviewing my list of enhancement requests, preparing for a meeting with my CSM and product teams and looking at this item. Our end users are confused, frustrated (and frankly flabbergasted) by the lack of this capability.

+1! @meenal_shukla

@manu_mittal

Bumping this community post again as this is even more critical with NXT - all fields through joins that we want to show come through as "name".

This is on our list of enhancement requests we reviewed with @dan_ahrens recently.

It's flagged as "short term roadmap" but the most recent update we had was that it's still in planning/no ETA.

Sounds like it's an even bigger NXT need.

This would be a huge win for our exec level adoption

Can someone help direct me to release information on where this was “partially fixed”?   I still don’t see where the drill down columns are editable - we’re on 6.8.x - I don’t see this in the 6.9 release notes either.

This is an important issue, particularly when executive leadership is looking at reports, drilling down into the data.

Can someone help direct me to release information on where this was “partially fixed”?   I still don’t see where the drill down columns are editable - we’re on 6.8.x - I don’t see this in the 6.9 release notes either.

This is an important issue, particularly when executive leadership is looking at reports, drilling down into the data.

@darkknight There were two aspects to this issue. First one is if you rename a field in report builder, drilldown reporting honoring that. Second is being able to rename the custom fields in drilldown report. We fixed the first part of it and will handle the 2nd part of it in one of our upcoming releases with re-design. 

Gainsight Team,  We are also facing the same issue, to show the labels correctly. we are creating custom fields and with the rules we are populating.  It is unnecessary overhead and time consuming.  Can you please prioritize and provide the fix, I see this issue create more than 2 years ago but no action. yet.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Santhosh

We’re running into this issue with executive-level dashboards, all of which start from pie/column charts. We need to be able to rename the Name fields to reflect their true value. For us, it’s not uncommon to have an Account Exec, a CSM, and a Renewal Manager all on the same report; plus, NXT handles any dropdown fields as showing with a Name title. 

@sai_ram, you mentioned a few months ago that this would be addressed in an upcoming release. Any updates to share?

@hpritchard yes we do have this in the near term. Since few other priorities came up this has moved to the next few months. 

We’re currently implementing on NXT and this is already a big issue for us with the couple dozen reports we’re pulling into dashboards for our launch. The “Name” issue with join objects that multiple other users have mentioned is ridiculous - how are end users supposed to know what data they’re looking at when a table consists of six different “Name” columns.

How I’ve gotten around this issue is creating a dataset through Data Designer, where you can customize field names, and building my reports off of that so I don’t have the need to customize drill down labels (since I’ve already customized them as needed in the dataset). It’s definitely not ideal - extra work and your data isn’t “live” updated as the dataset only refreshes once a day - but it is a workaround for now.

It would be nice to have the ability to customize the headers in report drill downs. Today, you can change the header labels in show and by sections of the graph report. You can't customize them when you configure the drill down. 

Thanks!

+1 to this idea.

We’re running into this issue now with many “Name” column headers in our drilldown reports. It’s definitely causing some confusion for our CSMs.

+1!

Hi @joseph_siudzinski 

This behavior is fixed in the new reporting beta feature called “Horizon Analytics”.