CTA Boolean Fields should display as Checkboxes in CTA Layout

Related products: None

Team,

When we add a new custom boolean field on the CTA task layout, it is appearing as a dropdown menu with options of None, True and False. We do not see an option to make this a checkbox. Can we implement this future in roadmap?

@SaitejaK sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for sharing your request here. We will definitely look into this. 

@SaitejaK This is something that we can look at. @harsha @Ramulu  Something to consider.

Completely agree. This used to be a checkbox, however that functionality was removed in a recent release. The user experience of clicking a drop down to select ‘None, True, False’ is a lot more clicks and clunky. A checkbox would be a lot more intuitive and user friendly. Please bring the option to use a checkbox for CTAs back. 

I have a checkbox on attributes and my client is asking for the same field in the company tab on the CTA and it is showing as a drop down.  I would love to see this fixed too.

Hey @lori_dinardo thank you for your post. Forwarding this request to our Product Manager to check and let you know if this is on our road map. 

@lori_dinardo We will be evaluating this internally. Thanks for the feedback.

I’m getting frustrated users relate to this issue too. Please prioritize this, Gainsight. 

I 100% agree that it should revert to a checkbox. Our users don’t think in a “true/false” way, and the new boolean CTA appearance is confusing. As currently structured, it makes more sense for us to set up a simple Yes/No dropdown list and use a dropdown field vs. boolean. 

It’s not perfect, but it’s better than users seeing True/False.

This update is time consuming and more work than for everyone.   When we had check boxes, it was quick to update and visually easier to see what was complete and what still needed work.   Can we please have the option to be check boxes instead of True/False/None?  

e_e

+1 definitely feel like this makes for a better experience. 

100% agree - visualizations should always be geared to the perspective of the end user.  

Our users don’t think in a “true/false” way, and the new boolean CTA appearance is confusing.

100% agree - visualizations should always be geared to the perspective of the end user.  

Our users don’t think in a “true/false” way, and the new boolean CTA appearance is confusing.

and technically speaking, a Boolean can’t have three options so it’s not even a proper implementation. If Gainsight wants a...trinary? field type to capture true/false/no one bothered to fill it out great, but a Boolean isn’t it.

All, our design team is working on improving this experience. It makes sense NOT to have a dropdown for a boolean option. We will definitely change this. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi,

Is there a status on this one? We are facing a similar issue and would really like a Boolean checkbox for our process. 

Thank you,

Because there are two schools of thought around whether or not boolean fields should be displayed as checkboxes or not and since Gainsight has gone back and forth several times over the years, why not let the customer decide how they want this done for their own environment?  Give us the option to have them displayed either as checkboxes or a lov in the Administration→ General area or someplace similar.

@sverbanic Options! That would be great. We as admins are often forced to adapt once of those schools of thought for many areas in the platform...sharing this in the Global Gainsight Admins Slack as I am sure there will be lots of chatter about this very phenomenon. 

I’m actually coming to this from the other direction. As the current UI shows three options for this field on the CTA, my teams have requested that the field is NULL by default — to allow it to be configured “close mandatory”, thus requiring an explicit choice by the user before closing the CTA.

Rules Engine doesn’t support setting the value to NULL when creating a CTA even though the UI suggests it’s possible.

I don’t mind which way it’s fixed really but it’s currently ambiguous and confusing — both in the end-user UI and in the admin CTA detail view layout config.

configured “close mandatory”, thus requiring an explicit choice by the user before closing the CTA.

Unless they are creating the CTA and closing it in the same action, then ‘close mandatory’ won’t pick it up :)

Yes, exactly! Because of the yes/no/none options, users are requesting something that’s not possible because the UI suggests that it could/should be 

@mpatra would you be able to take a look at this?

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Look at all those upvotes! 😦 Bump. Do it.

@anirbandutta 

Dupe with: