Create email assist tokens from opportunity fields

Related products: None

Right now we support only 6 objects for token mappings, Account, Contact, CustomerInfo, CSTask, CTA and User. Are there plans in the future to be able to add custom tokens from the opportunity field for example?

If I link the oppty to the CTA or figure out how to write these fields onto the CTA, could that allow me to pull these fields into the template? 
This would be extremely important for our users around renewal time.  Currently, we have a CTA fire at x days prior to an opportunity's renewal date.  I'd like to create an Email Assist template to associate with that CTA that would allow CSMs and Renewals Sales Directors to quickly and easily notify the client that their renewal is coming up.  Pulling the renewal date and notice of termination date (opportunity object fields) in as tokens is essential.  
We have a similar need. We are accomplishing this today (specifically the renewal date data) by incorporating that line item into CustomerInfo so that Email Assist can utilize it.

However, I would say it'd be easier if I didn't have to add line items to CustomerInfo every time I find a new token need that isn't accessible by Email Assist. Can it not just work like CoPilot?
Nice workaround!  Sadly, this option isn't even available to us as it's not uncommon at our org for a single account to have multiple contracts renewing at different dates over the course of the year.  We are enabling linked objects so we can at least make the renewal oppty fields easily accessible while we wait for oppty token functionality.
Is there any update on the opportunity object being added as an available object to pull fields from for token mapping? This would be extremely helpful for us to leverage Gainsight better.
Hi All,

We have plan to add more tokens in Email Assist and still its in ideation phase, will share the update once we have an ETA.

Regards,

Hitesh
Thanks for the update Hitesh! 

We have a similar use case that would benefit from having additional objects to map tokens from. We currently have a CTA and an associated playbook with an email template for our CSMs to send if a support ticket takes longer than anticipated to close. 

We house ticket information in our Gainsight instance in an MDA object. It would be great if we could use dynamic tokens in Email Assist to reference the ticket ID, subject or name, date submitted, etc. 
Thanks for the Input Pele,

And yes adding token from MDA objects is there in our plan.

Regards,

Hitesh
Expanding on to the renewals use case and the ability to add tokens from the opportunity record. Our renewals managers use email assist templates for manual outreach when automated emails bounce or if the account is not subject to auto-renewal terms. We have multiple fields we need to pull from the opportunity record including subscription start/end date, renewal amount, VAT#, PO # and buying/billing contact information that is specific to the opportunity. Today all of that information needs to be manually entered by the renewals manager if they use email assist which decreases efficiency and adoption of the feature. 
This would be great. Any update on this one? Currently, we have to link the CTA to the Opportunity and copy/paste over what we need from the fields there, or copy/paste from the comments section. Having this be able to be automatically mapped would the preferred workflow. 
Seems a shame that I can do so many exciting things with data when creating a Bionic rule to generate a CTA with Email Assist, but I can't use any of that processed data in the email itself. I guess I could have the rule load that info into a custom field on the CTA?
Hi Seth,

Yes, you could load the required data in the Custom Fields in CTA or Account and use that for mapping.

Improving on giving more options to map tokens at playbook level is already in roadmap, just that there are other things thats keeping the team busy. 

Regards,

Hitesh
Was just thinking similarly today. It would be great if you could update email tokens from rules engine– just as you would use tokens in comments. That would kinda solve for a lot of the use cases here. 
I found myself in this scenario where I need a simple variable or a field to use in tokens for email assist but can't do it since only those select objects are available. I would love to take a URL for example and append a number to each for uniqueness.

Anyone have an update if/when this will be available?

+1, would love more flexibility in what objects we can use for email tokens. We can do so much with Programs but are very limited with CTAs and email assist.

I agree, I think it would be great if we could tokenize from any object.  This community post also makes me think of the same need: 

We have a slightly different use case where our CSMs create an “Implementation Request” CTA with a linked object for our implementation log. They create a record with all the relevant details of the upcoming implementation, but that info can’t be tokenized back into the request email sent to our Implementation Managers.  It would be great if you could tokenize fields for any linked objects on the CTA.