Question

How to capture sales notes in Gainsight?

• 10 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Howdy, our onboarding team would love to see the sales persons interraction notes when a new customer signs up. How would one go about capturing Sales notes in Gainsight? Ideally, is there a way to send notes captured in Salesforce into Timeline? Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey Faelen,

Unfortunately, you currently cannot push to timeline with a rule (automated). How I've seen other customers do this is tokenize key fields from the Opportunity that the Sales Rep is required to fill in, into the CTA comments upon creation. This is assuming you use Opportunity as a driver for a 'New Customer Sign Up' CTA and that Sales Reps are filling the right details in. But if they aren't this is a good way to push them to!
Cool, thanks Joseph. Would love it to be a bit easier but that will do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Faelan, 

Another option is to create a report on the object where the sales person's interaction notes are stored in SFDC and then add that report to the C360 in Gainsight as a Related List section: https://support.gainsight.com/360/Admin_Guides/Configure_the_Customer360_Details_(C360)_Page_and_Sec...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Dan 'stole' my idea.......or, great minds think alike. #TakeYourPick

Faelan, we recognize that our Sales team is unlikely to be using Gainsight....especially when the customer is new. Thus, we leaned into what the Sales team is already doing, which is trapping meeting and other interaction notes in Salesforce objects. I created a panel in the C360 and display them as a Related List. It's not quite full interactivity, but it lets the Sales team keep doing their thing, and let's my Customer Success team have fast access to scan all of the notes Sales generates and open the ones they find interesting in a hurry.

This entire area of sharing knowledge, notes, information among the various teams who service a customer happens to be one of my passions. I've spent a lot of time in the process, tools and data to address these big needs.
Thanks Dan and Matthew, will definitely do that in addition to adding to adding them to comments section of onboarding cta as Joseph suggested. 

That has all the bases covered then!