Assign an email as a task with gmail widget

Related products: None

With the Gainsight Widget, it would be very valuable if there was an option to mark an email as a task in Gainsight.  

As a workaround, I know I could add the email as a Timeline activity, then go in and edit/add a task from there, but it’s a clunky step and I find I don’t do it half the time when working through my emails.

A potential simple solution “when checking the box to add to timeline” if It simply had a follow-up prompt that asked if there is a task associated with this, and I could mark yes, then at least it would add it to the Cockpit for follow-up later.

Bonus points if that checkbox allows a field for me to include the action needed, as well as the ability to select a date.

@LoLock excellent, I like the one click idea(mark an email as a task). Redirecting this to the product team for more visibility. 

May I know the frequency of tasks you create per day via timeline? 

@all, please vote if you like the request. 

@LoLock Thanks for sharing this interesting use-case. We will look into the possibilities. We don’t have an immediate plan to support this, based on the numbers of like we can prioritize.

We would love to have this functionality as well or something similar.

With logging emails that have no assigned actions/tasks, some of our CSMs feel that it is just another place to list emails, which is similar to the functionality in Salesforce. It would be very beneficial have the ability to assign a task straight from Gmail or even make the Timeline entry editable to add a Task after the email is synced from Gmail. 

I’ll echo the feedback previously shared by Jessica Tang in this thread. I, and I’m sure many others on my team would LOVE to have this functionality or something similar. Can Gainsight’s team please revisit this suggestion and consider prioritizing this request?