Allow more outputs for Case Expression (dates, emails, etc.)

Related products: None

In the Rules Engine, there are many use cases where it would be helpful to be able to output a date as well as email. Right now, we can only output booleans, numbers, or string fields.

+1. My :ballot_box: to this idea.

Have definitely had this need come up before. +1!

+1 from me! 

This would be a great help. 

​​​​​​Definitely needed

I require this functionality for a date output in case expression.

+100 Votes, Can we get this as Idea for people to vote. 

@pgeorge Could you please get this to the right team visibility as it becomes a long time wait, thanks!

In the Rules Engine, there are many use cases where it would be helpful to be able to output a date as well as email. Right now, we can only output booleans, numbers, or string fields.

@spencer_engel , I’m missing a convert-to-Idea-from-a-discussion magic on the platform currently so I’d request if you could pl post this as one. And help us expanding on some of the usecases and impact, examples, etc. Thank you.

@spencer_engel , I’m missing a convert-to-Idea-from-a-discussion magic on the platform currently so I’d request if you could pl post this as one. And help us expanding on some of the usecases and impact, examples, etc. Thank you.

Will we lose all the likes and upvotes we’ve already gotten? Pretty sure things have been converted to ideas plenty of times in the past...

I’ve added this as a product/feature request for better visibility so feel free to vote on that if this still a feature that you need:

Will we lose all the likes and upvotes we’ve already gotten? Pretty sure things have been converted to ideas plenty of times in the past...

I have moved it to the CS Ideas forum and it auto converts to an ‘Idea’ given that’s the only content-type it allows. Guess, I understand the system better now and thanks for the challenge @spencer_engel , the ‘Likes’ have become ‘Votes’.

cc @rakesh