February Release is Coming Soon!

• 3 February 2017
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Feb. 7+: Sandbox org upgrade to 5.5 release

Feb. 21 (tentative): Production org upgrade to 5.5.x release

This is a major release with many significant enhancements, including:

• CoPilot Emails: create multiple variations of a single Email template to send to different customers based on criteria you’ve set. Similar functionality is available for Power Lists and Outreaches.

• Cockpit configuration for Global, Account, and Relationship levels (aka, Distributed Admin): configure CTA types and their components at the Global level, or just for Accounts or Relationships; configure linked objects at each level; plus improved Cockpit list view filter options.

• Timeline is available in the Relationship 360 for logging calls, meetings, emails, and notes on your customer interactions and history. Also, Admins can create custom Activity types for use with Timeline in the R360 and C360.

• Rules Engine: close Objective CTAs and Relationships CTAs; new data types and standard objects supported in MDA collections are now part of the Rules Engine.

• Bionic Rules: help reduce the “explosion of rules” for achieving end goals; quickly process data for historical periods; and eliminate the need to duplicate data in MDA to get the account lookup and aggregate the data.

• Reporting: new folders for managing reports; export scorecard mass edit reports as CSV; manage export options for end users; add reports built on data spaces to the C360 and Success Snapshots, and more.

• Scorecards 2.0: manage both Account and Relationship scorecards with one tool; configure exceptions in Account scorecards; use scoring for groups; and mass edit scorecard measures from the Report Builder.

• Gainsight Connect and Standard Objects for Company (Account), Relationship, Relationship Type and User in MDA will be shipped for all orgs to support common reporting, Scorecards 2.0 feature; and Gainsight Connect will help you keep these in sync with your Salesforce data.
If your org(s) receives automatic upgrades, you can expect to see the 5.5 release enhancements in your orgs on the dates noted above. For questions or changes to your opt-out status, please contact support@gainsight.com. You can also read more about Gainsight's Upgrade Process.

We will email you with release notes and webinar dates in the coming weeks.

13 replies

Badge +1
Hi Lila - 

With the planned enhancements for Co-Pilot emails (multiple templates, etc.), will we have the ability to report on email performance for each template/outreach combination? For example, if we create a welcome outreach with 4 different templates to chose from, can we report on the success of those templates separately?

Thank you!

Lauren
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Lauren, Good question! I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I'm checking to see about the how part...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
In the CoPilot > Outreach page, under each Outreach, you can expand to see the open/click rate details. Now, there will be a drop-down to select the email variant, or to view the success of all the variants:

Badge +1
That's good news. Thank you, Lila!

-Lauren
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Are the draft release notes ready yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes, you should receive them by email today, or shortly. Please keep in mind they are a work-in-progress. Thanks! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97XQutn6k0oSWNFeEtCVUQ4X0k/view?usp=sharing
Bionic rules made me think of the Six Million Dollar Man for some reason.

Lila, I've successfully tested using email variants in an outreach but am wondering if that same email template, with 2 variants, can be used in Email Assist?  When creating an Email task in my test playbook, I only see the default template as an option.  Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Kathleen, It's awesome to hear you've already tried out the email variants! I'm double-checking on the availability of variants in email assist tasks and will follow-up here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
It looks like only the default email variant is available in email assist tasks with this release. I'm trying to find out if it's already planned for a future release.
I was excited about the E-Mail variants but there's an issue with them as they've been implemented. I'll use our support surveys as an example. We have 3 products that each have:

• Their own survey (for reporting reasons)
  • An English E-Mail template
  • An English Reminder E-Mail
  • A French E-Mail
  • A French Reminder

So for a single survey type we have 3 x Surveys + 12 x E-Mail templates. Being able to group them all into a single template with variants would be great except for a limitation that all the variants have to share the same Survey link. 

Ok, I can now get 12 down to 3 (big improvement) and I can clone the stack to minimize the amount of re-work, but it seems like an unnecessary limitation. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm moving this to a new post, so that our product team has greater visibility into the issue.

Please reference the new conversation here: Email variants & Surveys
Thank you Lila.