In Scorecard 2.0 UI, incorporate Current Score into Scorecard History

Related products: None

Is there any wisdom to tuning the Scorecard 2.0 UI slightly, so the Current Score is incorporated into the Scorecard History bar chart?

I'm finding many of my users on Scorecard 2.0 tend to scan the Scorecard history via the bar chart of the score. However, the Current Score is not on the chart, and it's slightly counter-intuitive that the Current Score isn't presented graphically alongside the Scorecard History, and thus a trend can be less obvious.

In this example below, the Current Score for this item is 30 (solidly Red). However, if you scan the history from left-to-right for a trend, the user can sometimes think it's green, because the last 5 datapoints from the scorecard history were 100 (solidly Green) and the current datapoint doesn't appear, signifying something is clearly up (or in this case, down) for a customer.

It's mildly counter-intuitive to read from left-to-right, where the user first encounters the current score, then jumps back 26 datapoints and then travels forward in time to the second-to-most-current datapoint. I'd gladly sacrifice the bar chart's left-most "26 datapoints ago" datapoint to gain the current datapoint along side the history.

Especially when the current comments are on the right, one ends up with (left-to-right): Current Score, Scorecard History without current datapoint, Current Comments. It's a bit jumbled to someone who is quickly scanning the page.

(Admittedly, even my Idea title is a bit of an oxymoron.)

But...that's the trending history. Right?   Why would the current score be reflected in the history?
I see your perspective; fair enough.

Then I'd suggest moving the Comments to the left with the Current Score. Today, you have history sandwiched between the Current Score and the Current Comments. (And I know the Scorecard Comments box has been up for discussion elsewhere anyway.)
Yep that makes sense.
Hey Matt - I had a support ticket opened on this.  They came back to me and after consulting with the designers, the last bar IS supposed be the current score and the date in the bar indicates the beginning of the current week. I was under the impression that the weekly snapshot that runs on Sundays was what updates that last bar, and apparently it is the nightly sync job that runs.

We had an issue where the last bar was showing [i]last week's score, then the next day it reflected[i] this week's score.  Which obviously resulted in confusion at face value.  Our rules run mid-day on Mondays to update the scorecard, so the last bar reflected last week's score until the sync job ran on Monday evening which updated the last bar to this week's score.

The only documentation I find on the trend line:

IMO “history” means history – not including the current score.  Wish this had been more clearly documented

Apologies for any confusion.

Well, I definitely learned something there too.