Question

Timeline Activity Types in Scorecard 2.0 Rule Actions

• 5 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Has anyone used Timeline Activity Types (Call, Email, Meeting, etc) as criteria in Scorecard 2.0 rule actions? I'd love to be able to do this (we want to account for customer Slack conversations in our relationship score in a different way from more traditional communication), however I can't get the field to populate as an option in Rule Action. Before I go down the rabbit hole as to why I can't, I figured I'd see if it was even possible. Thanks!

6 replies

Hi Allison,

Do "Slack conversations" have a different timeline type? You should be able to get timeline data from the "Activity Timeline" object and filter it based on the timeline type and use this data to set measure scores. Let me know if this helps / if you had a different use case in mind
When you're in the Rule Action, you don't have the option to select it, regardless of timeline type, which is the problem. 🙂
Badge +3
Hi Allison,

I think the field "Type Name" in the Activity Timeline object should work here. I've done this for one of our relationship scorecards to score a measure based on the last time a meeting or call was had with a customer. There's a few datasets, transformations, etc. in the rule, but just getting to timeline types looks like this:

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Pele

edit:

Dataset winds up looking something like this:

Pele, that's perfect! Thank you- I was too focused on the action and not the filters I had built previously (which, of course, were lacking). This does it- I appreciate the help!
Badge +3
Too cool; glad that worked 🙂
Hello all - I'm in the Rules Engine trying to accomplich something similar to Allison but I don't have the Acitivty Timeline option in the Matrix Data. Anyone know why?