Would like the ability to view all R360 Timeline activity from within the CTA Timeline

Related products: None

Often times I am in a CTA that is tied to R360 and want to look at the existing Timeline information tied to my R360. It is blank. I have to click on the R360 link then to go timeline in order to view all activities. I like that I have the ability to create a timeline entry from CTA and it logs it as "CTA" but I am not able to see all timeline activity within my CTA timeline.
Hi Brandy,

Thanks for the post.

The reason we don't show all R360 activities in CTA is to reduce noise in CTA timeline and to make it easy to consume CTA specific activities.

Do you think enabling all activities in CTA timeline would make it difficult to view CTA specific activities in your use-case too? 

Thanks,

Nitisha
I've had several CSMs complain about not seeing R360 timeline within the CTA, this would avoid having to go to R360 to add timeline activity for them. Could there be a default view within the CTA timeline to show "CTA specific activities" with another view option in a dropdown to show all R360 timeline activities?
Interesting idea, we will think more about it. Thanks for posting.
Are you saying CSMs want to log non-CTA related items [i]through a CTA?   

I feel like it is important to keep CTA Timeline and R/C360 Timeline separate as to avoid confusion.  Adding Timeline entries inside a CTA should be specifically for that CTA.  Anything else should be through regular Timeline.  There will always be those CSMs who "do it wrong" and would log entries that [i]should be for the CTA on the regular timeline.

If it goes in the route you suggested, and depending on how it is designed, it needs to be configurable so I can disable that feature in my org.
I agree that CTA timeline entries should be in that CTA, but the CTAs we have are connected to R360. I want to record CTA timeline related entries in the CTA timeline but have the ability to view ALL R360 timeline information from the CTA Timeline to avoid work for my CSMs having to go to R360 to see all the activity for their relationships.This can be a drop-down view, not affecting default behavior.
Ah you just want a "view only."  I was confused when you said "this would avoid having to go to R360 to [i]add timeline activity for them."
Jeff makes a very valid point. Even if the window on the CTA view of Timeline is view only, showing all entries there could confuse users into thinking they could create an entry that is [i]not linked to the CTA they are currently clicked into. If that happened you'd have updates totally unrelated to the CTA being created and linked to that CTA.

Considering that it takes only two clicks (or one click if the last time they were on a C360 page they were on the Timeline tab) from the CTA view to see the global Timeline for that account, it doesn't seem like there is a huge time savings to present all timeline entries in the CTA window, but it does come with lots of risk of creating messy activity data. 
I think what I am asking for is veering off in a direction it is not intended, maybe I can set up a call or something to discuss it at a later time.