Question

Gainsight Tab Renamed Dashboards

• 12 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello,

Unless im mistaken I cannot rename the 'Gainsight' tab to 'Dashboards' or something equivalent? 'Gainsight' Seems an awkward and not suitable naming convention for a very particular tab which has a very particular function and explaining where to find Dashboards to new users is a bit awkward ("find the Gainsight app and then click on the Gainsight tab when you're in Gainsight")

Could this be changed either by default or through Customisation? Perhaps Dash or GS Dash if it needs to be GS specific? Anything but Gainsight!

Cheers,

Faelan

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Good idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm not certain, but this may be possible through Salesforce... here's their support article.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Lila but would really like to see this done via Gainsight because if you're not a SF admin and have to rely on IT to make such changes (and fix them when they break) that's painful.

This of course isn't an urgent issue - but I agree with Faelon that it's not very descriptive of what that tab is actually used for which strictly is dashboards.

Userlevel 6
It'd be great to come up with something better but I've struggled with this before since Salesforce has Dashboards too...so renaming "Gainsight" to "Dashboards" could create some confusion for others. And "Gainsight Dashboards" is really long. 😞 Also not many folks would know what "GS Dashboards" stands for without training. I think if you're using our Salesforce Edition product that at least with "Gainsight" as the default, folks who are looking for Gainsight can get to a good launching point that also includes searching for a customer at the top of the page to get to the C360 (so at least for the untrained user, they're on a really good starting page). I'm still open to suggestions on this one! :-)

Hi Lila,

Thank you for the suggestion but this didn't work as the GS tabs were not available in the list of tabs for customization.

If they can be exposed somehow in this list, then this would be a satisfactory solution for me.

Hi Elaine,

I figured that this was the issue and I can see how this situation was seen as the most preferable for out of the box. Lila had suggested that it was possible to edit this within Salesforce, but unfortunately this tab was not among the tabs listed that could be edited. I think having it editable is probably the best solution, since as you mentioned, some people wouldn't want 'Dashboards' and others like me, don't want 'Gainsight'.

Personally, if we could what we would do is edit the Salesforce 'Dashboard' tab to be 'SF Dashboards' and then Gainsight would be 'GS Dashboards'.

Thanks for your response in any case!