Question

Mass edit report - Customer Status

• 11 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I need to update the status for around 150 customers but the best way I can find to do this right now is manually. 

We've exported the clients for review in order to go through and decide which need to be changed. It would be great if we could just import this back into Gainsight to make the change instead of having to build a rule or do it manually.

4 replies

Badge +3
Hi Jo - Are you looking to change the Customer Status on the Account, or the Status of the Customers CTA? 

[i]Status of the CTA can be done by Mass Edit, while Status of the Account can be handled by the Rules Engine. 

There is a way to Mass Import - but it depends on your configuration setup.
Badge +1
Hi Sagan! Thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to update the Status of an Account but they won't be updated by any set logic.

More these XX customers that I specify need to have their status changed from Y to Z. 

I had a chat with support and seems like to do it through the Rules Engine would actually be more complicated and difficult than doing it manually. Because in the rule, I'd need to do it for each account ID. If you know a way, then I'd love to hear it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jo,

You could do this via a single rule where you upload the CSV file to your Gainsight provided S3 bucket, import the CSV file and upsert to the Account record.
Badge +3
If the accounts don't have anything in Common - then pulling the ID into a rule is what you'd have to do.  Unless - you can creating a report and widdle down to only the accounts you are after - then use Dan's suggest below to bulk change them. 

I actually do both ways, through the Rules Engine (if I can find something in Common), and by bulk updating by way of CSV.