Add Functionality To Duplicate Rule Tasks and Actions In Bionic Rules

Related products: None

Currently writing a rule with very minimum differences between Get Data Tasks and Action but am forced to create 10+ actions with only one filter changing. A duplicate button on the set up rule (+Tasks) or Add Actions would be a huge timesaver for me
+1 

This would be huge for us as well. We are having to re-build data sets and compare when there is only a minor change that is needed. This goes for actions as well. Copying the action to change filter criteria slightly to set health is where we would see the benefit in this the most. 
+1 from me as well. Would be a MAJOR time saver.
Hi all, 

Cloning of actions is one of the priority items in Bionic Rules backlog and tentatively planned for next release. I will keep you updated as we make progress.

Regarding duplication of tasks, Can you elaborate a little more on that? Is it needed across rules or within one rule? If across rules, why copying a rule (and so the datasets) and then deleting the ones which are not needed doesn't help much?

Regards,

Jitin
Our need is within the same rule. We may be pulling a data set that reviews the cases created with a certain criteria over a given time period in one data set and comparing it to another data set that has similar case criteria but only one changes such as the type of case. Today, this requires a whole new data set creation where a simple 'clone and adjust' action would save a lot of time.
My use case is the same as Samanath's, but there are also situations where their on standard "Get Data" tasks which I am constantly reusing such as adding "Relationship ID" to account level data or getting our account mapping table from the MDA. Which is the same 3-5 field everything.

Wasn't part of my initial thought but being able to create standard "Get Data" requests that we could pull into any rule would be a huge time saver.
Hi Samantha,

Did you try fetching the dataset only once (Set Up Rule Step). 

and creating two different actions and specifying the condition or action criteria on the Action step?

This will eliminate the need of creating a duplicate task. As far as duplication of actions is concerned, it will still be needed.

Let me know if my understanding is wrong or is there anything that I am missing?

Regards,

Jitin
Hi Jitin,

In these instances, we are often then combining the two data sets and creating calculations using data from both that then drive the rule actions. Thanks for the suggestion though. 
++

Within the same rule, it's very tedious to replicate a task over and over again, with only minor differences.

I have started duplicating rules that may use similar reports and have a lot of the criteria built out, changing minor things. This has saved a little bit of time, but it doesn't work across all rules we're building because the data or objective is different.

Adding the ability to duplicate tasks within rules would be a huge win, as far as usability goes.
Sorry - Actions***, not Tasks, although there are some use cases there too, when needing to do merges and transformations off of the same dataset. It's kind of a pain to rebuild the same thing, over and over again, so having a way to "save" a task to use across rules would be amazing.
@Gainsight - any update on this?
Clone action feature is available now. Please check it.
I see the clone function available on actions, However, I do not see it for 'Tasks' when building the query. 
Action feature is great.

It would be awesome to be able to create a library of "get data tasks" or maybe a few "get data and merges" which could be used when building rules if they have standard components.