Ability to create multi-level dependencies in surveys with branched pages and linked questions.

Related products: None

Currently, linked questions allow for only one dependency direction per question, and page branching is restricted if questions are already linked. These limitations of not being able to build multi-level dependencies is quite disappointing. I would love if we could link questions to already linked questions and even branch to different pages depending on how participants respond to linked questions.
Thanks Brittany for posting this problem, currently survey feature behaves in this manner. However we will explore it to put on our roadmap. We would also wait to see if other customers have same requirements it will help us prioritise it appropriately.
Hi Brittany,

Can you please share an example of this use case which you have in mind?

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Abhishek,

When first submitting this, the concept we had in mind was for follow-ups to an NPS question.

For example:

If the respondent was a detractor (0-6):

• We wanted to have a multiple choice follow up question be: "Which area of our company is causing the most dissatisfaction?" with answer choices: "Product", "Services".

• Then, depending which they choose, having a second dependent question. If they chose "Product", it would be a multiple choice question, "Which area of the Product is causing the most dissatisfaction?" with answer choices: "A", "B", "C". If they chose "Services", it would be a multiple choice question, "Which area of our Services is causing the most dissatisfaction?"  with answer choices: "X", "Y", "Z".

• Currently, you cannot link more dependent questions to a question that is linking off another.
If the respondent was a promoter (9-10):

• We wanted to have a multiple choice follow up question be: "Would you be willing to serve as a reference for a prospective customer or provide a testimonial?" with answer choices: "Yes", "No".

• Then, depending which they choose, having a second dependent question. If they chose "Yes", it would be a multiple choice question, "Which is your preferred method of contact? Please leave the best number or email to reach you at in the comments" with answer choices: "Phone", "Email", "Either". 

• Another thought we had was to ask if they had anyone in mind and link to a page with several open text fields asking for the prospective referrals information.

Hope this helps
Yes, agree with @brittany. This is disappointing. If you have a branching feature it should go beyond one question.
The question should not be why is an additional branch needed, but why is it only limited to one branch when every other survey provider on the market has unlimited branches.
The reason I'm not happy by the way, is because it is taking me literally an hour and a half on an already extremely busy day (and I haven't figured it out yet) to put together a 4 question survey with very limited branching logic. The user experience of this feature (branching) is shocking and whoever built it, was extremely shortsighted. That's my feedback. 
Hi Fealon,

Are you using Survey 1.0 or 2.0? This idea has been addressed as part of Survey 2.0. Could you please give it a try there and let us know if your use case has been addressed?

We have the details documented here for the skip and display logic experience in Survey 2.0.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Abishek, 

When I open up the Survey tab, there is no option to toggle between 1.0 and 2.0? I assume by default I am on 2.0? 

Here's a screenshot, perhaps you can tell from this:

Hello Fealon,

Survey 2.0  is accessible from a different tab, please follow below document to configure Survey 2.0 tab-

https://support.gainsight.com/Surveys/Surveys_2.0/Surveys_2.0_Overview?mt-learningpath=surveystwo#En...

Thanks

Sekhar