Question

Can you delete a matrix data object in Gainsight?

I have created an object in MDA to test it, and now I don't really need it! Can I delete it?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Gainsight has to delete it on the backend unfortunately.  You'll have to open a support ticket.

Hopefully in the future we will have the ability to both create and delete.
Cool, that's good enough for me! Thanks!
Jeff & Cristina,

We do have mechanism in place to delete the MDA data. Here are the details & screenshot.

1) Navigate to Administration | Data Management

2) Select the Object 

3) Click on Data tab

4) You will notice "Delete" and "Delete All" option

With this option, you can select the data that you want to delete and clear it from the MDA object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Ashok! Is this new?  Previously I had asked and was told GS had to do it on the backend.
But I want to delete the object, not the content of the object.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes I just created a Test object (contains no data at the moment) but this Delete All option is grayed out.  I cannot seem to use this to delete the object itself.
Deleting an object is something that we are going to enable very soon. Since this is something already developed and tested in our Dev environment, I need to find the right release vehicle and ship it.
@Jeff - Deleting the content of an object has been released 3 months ago. Here is the corresponding documentation link

Having said that, your question tells me that this option is not visible to a user and obviously not being used actively. Let me check with our UX to see if we can make these options visible by default.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I think it would be visible to delete the [i]content of an object if I had any content in this test object....what I meant was, I assume that the Delete/Delete All option only applies to the content of the object, since I cannot appear to use it to delete the object itself.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
That is a good idea, Jeff. Currently its unclear whether you are deleting or deleting all the actual table or the data in the table. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Christina,

Throw in a ticket and support will clear that out for you. 

Thanks,

Steve Davis
Cristina and Jeff - Deleting Matrix data object is now available in Data Management.