Is there way to have email replies go back into Gainsight?

Related products: None

We are loving the CTA functions, but have an inherent issue. The emails sent from CTAs are not being auto-logged to Salesforce. Additionally, the replies go to the CSMs inbox rather than a queue somewhere. The same phenomenon exists for emails sent from CoPilot.

Is there any function of Gainsight that when an email is sent it is (1) logged and (2) replies go back to some portion of Gainsight? 

A comparison is Cases within Salesforce. I am not sure if this exists though.

One alternative I thought of us using the same Gainsight logic to generate a Case in Salesforce rather than a CTA. No real issues with that, but I figured I would check.
Hi Ben, just looking to close the loop on this older post. 

With Email Assist you can configure the email to sync to SFDC - see this support article.

Since the intent of Email Assist is to help CSMs send personalized messages via prepared templates, the most common use case is that any replies would go back to the CSM who is sending it (different than a CoPilot email that is fully automated and might reply back to a generic email box). Are you seeing instances where the CSM would not want to have replies coming back to them?
Thanks Dan. That does work, and I believe we use it. I was thinking more like how "Cases" work in the native Salesforce. Emails sent out from a case come back to the case and update the stage. This minimizes any potential of forgetting to log a communicate (i.e. forgetting so sync).

Additionally, follow-up emails regularly get left out. For example, you send an email from an Email Assist task. That goes and gets synced. The reply to that email, however, just goes to the CSMs inbox. They are then responsible for manually syncing that reply. 

I know that Gainsight is looking at adding Outlook integration to make a CTA off of an email in Outlook. Would this inherently come with an Email Assist function on that new CTA? If so, then we might have a working solution.
Hi Ben, our short term focus around email and Gainsight integration is more than likely to revolve around the ability to tag an email for automatic inclusion in the Timeline. It would potentially work something like this: CSM receives an email in their email client, they would then either forward the email to a specified Gainsight email address or reply to the customer and BCC a specified Gainsight email address. The Gainsight email address would then add the contents of that email to a Timeline entry. 

This could potentially open up other possibilities whereby that synched email could be evaluated by the rules engine and used for CTA creation, but these are details that are still a ways away. 
Hi Dan - sounds like a great feature as you described just above.  Any timeline on when this might be implemented?  Essentially, an email address we could send correspondence to that would add email contents to a timeline entry.
I would also be interested in this feature. We are currently using a Salesforce integration that loads the emails sent from the email client to the account record in Salesforce, but we would prefer the ability to send them right to the timeline instead.
We're getting closer on this but still looks to be a few months out. We'll post updates to community once we have a solid date. 
Thanks Dan. Definitely a time saving (and increased odds of thorough record keeping) feature that we're anticipating. As an alternative, looking if Zapier or IFTTT have a solution to it --but a built-in option to CC: or BCC: into a Gainsight Timeline of a specific account would be fantastic.
Hi Joseph. If you are asking if Zapier or IFTTT could be used to push sent emails into Gainsight Timeline, the answer is not today, but....we are in the process of building a more robust API framework that will (in theory, would need to be tested), allow for that and other similar use cases. 
Hi Dan Ahrens - any updates on this? It's been 4 months since you mentioned that it'll be a "few months out." 😃 😛
+1 to this idea. This has come up recently from our exec team as a major pain point. 
Really need the ability for 2 way communication with our customers to live within Gainsight. Without that ability to receive and respond to emails within Gainsight our CSM's end up in their inbox or worse we move back to Salesforce and use the case function for this. 
Hi Joel, thanks for being passionate about using Gainsight more fully at your organization! It sounds like what you're describing is essentially incorporating an email client into Gainsight that would allow CSMs to receive and send emails directly from within Gainsight, is that correct? Or did you have something else in mind?
A quick update to everyone on the "email to Timeline" functionality - we are looking to have this ready hopefully by the November Gainsight release (could slip as we work to ensure solid QA, but it won't be like 6 months more). 
Yes, we would love to allow CSMs to receive and send emails directly from within Gainsight. This really would help out our team so that we are able to pull CSMs out of their inboxes and fully into Gainsight. The other benefit is the ability to have coverage between CSMs as that information would live in Gainsight.