Create a Custom Cockpit View for CSM's

Related products: None

I read in the documentation that admins cannot currently create a custom Cockpit view for CSM's.  Any idea of if/when that will be available?

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CTAS_Tasks_and_Playbooks/User_Guides/04_Create_C...
Hi Kate,

Ability for Admin to create a global view for all is in our roadmap. I have few questions related to the same,

1) Do you want to give CSM ability to edit the view?

2) Apart from Admin, giving ability to CSM's to share an existing filters with other will help?

Regards,

Hitesh
+1 I'm also following:

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/when-creating-a-view-in-cockpit-is-it-possible-to-m...

Right now, the managers email me what they would like - I create and then send out documentation for the users to follow so they can have the same view.
1) Do you want to give CSM ability to edit the view? - In this case would the edits apply to other users or just to the CSM that makes the edits?   If only to their own view, I think that should be fine.

2) Apart from Admin, giving ability to CSM's to share an existing filters with other will help? - Yes I think that it would be useful for CSM's to share their own custom views.
Thanks Sagan - for your documentation, do you include instructions with screenshots?  Anything else you've found to be helpful?
Hi Kate!  When I'm creating the documentation that is specialized to our setup, I do include screenshots with instructions.  If I'm describing a page and it's features, I have comment boxes to explain the various areas.

For the Cockpit Views - I do write it all out and if I feel that pictures would help, I do add those as well - along with boxes to draw their eyes where I need them to look.

And if it's something that was requested by Management as Mandatory, I create the email in Outreach so I can track who opened vs. who hasn't...as sometimes they do as if it's been implemented or not by people. :)
Hi Kate,

Thanks for your reply.

For 2nd one, would you be interested in having some permissions like who can share there view and with whom that can be shared? 
I'm not sure it would be necessary.  We don't currently prevent our users from viewing other people's CTA's and our CSM's are very self-sufficient and motivated.  I would imagine that a use case for sharing Cockpit views would be driven by some of our CSM's who are strong adopters simply sharing best practices with other users.

Do you have another example use case for permissions in this feature?
Thanks! I love the idea of using an Outreach for sending the internal communication.
Not that i could think of at this point.
I see this post is 'answered', but also that it was mentioned on the roadmap.

I am very interested in the ability to create both global cockpit & timeline views for user selection. A lot of our CSM's do not have the technical training to accurately build the reports/views they need. Thinking at scale the accurate work of 1 admin to push to 20+ users is a more effective starting point than 20 different users building their own.

Additionally, I see a use case for various projects (i.e. cockpit for a certain campaign that they complete steps at 9 and 6 months prior to the renewal) so this can be separated for visibility.

Hey guys, do we have any updates as to where this is on the roadmap? I was chatting with a customer today who would also like the ability as an admin to create a view and assign to all CSMs.

Any updates would be much appreciated.

Thanks

@hitesh_sharma_d90079 checking to see if there is any updates on this & the roadmap?

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of Gainsight NXT v6.5 release. You can find the relevant information in our Gainsight NXT v6.5 Release Notes.

Due to this enhancement, the 'Configure CTA Detail View Layout' article is updated.

Thanks for posting!

@rakesh_lingala - Is there a timeline for the ‘Configure Cockpit Custom Views’ to be brought into the Gainsight SFDC version?

@rakesh_lingala - Is there a timeline for the ‘Configure Cockpit Custom Views’ to be brought into the Gainsight SFDC version?

Hello @nora_soza, Had a discussion with PM regarding your requirement.

As of today, we don't have plans to bring this enhancement to SFDC edition.

Thanks!