Solved

What's the best way for a 1:M CSM to communicate bounces from Copilot to her marketing team for ongo

Userlevel 6
What's the best way for a 1:M CSM to communicate bounces from Copilot to her marketing team for ongoing contact maintenance?  Right now, we're discussing a Reports 2.0 on the 'email log' object that is put on a GS dashboard/layout & emailed once a month.  But tables of data emailed via dashboards in a Powerpoint is not ideal -- it's difficult to read and work with.  Other suggestions?
icon

Best answer by steve_davis 6 June 2016, 17:35

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Will CTA work? Will the user have GS license in that case?
Userlevel 6
Unfortunately, a CTA won't work in this case because the marketing user does not have a GS license.  Even if they did, that marketing person is just asking for the bounced list.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Elaine,

It may require just a bit of extra work, but I would suggest building your report off email logs and exporting that out as an excel file or export out a report that can then be forwarded over to that user for ongoing maintenance. 

Show Me: Account Name, Contact Name, Batch Name, Triggered Date, Hard Bounce, Soft Bounce, Event Message

Filter: Hard Bounce = 1, Can also add a date filter if they want to review weekly/monthly

Any other questions about this?

Thanks,

Steve 
If the marketing team has access to SF, a custom object be created and we could use our rules engine to write the bounced records to that object.  From there they could use standard SF processes to edit/delete/mark processed as they see fit.  It's a thought...
Userlevel 6
Interesting thought, Tom.  Thanks!!  I don't know if they're willing to create the custom object needed but this would help with the desire to have the information right after the outreaches are sent and the bounces start happening (versus waiting for a once a month report).
Userlevel 6
Thanks for the detailed response Steve.  Very helpful!  They don't want to have a manual process for this but this would definitely work.
Userlevel 5
Put that report into a dashboard and schedule it to be sent every week to the marketing team. That would do eliminate the manual step.
Userlevel 6
Thanks, Sundar.  That was my original suggestion to the customer.  Their feedback has been that a powerpoint is not the ideal format for a table of data, they don't like how the data runs off the slide in powerpoint (it looks bad), and if possible they'd love a solution that's a daily communication for ongoing maintenance as it happens.  (I know they could have the dashboard sent daily -- but again a powerpoint is not the best format for this use case).   With that said, this approach is an option for them to consider.  They were just hoping for something better. :-) 
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
If they could get that user a license we could totally automate the process buy making them into CTA's. 🙂
Userlevel 6
I guess technically they could...

Create the CTA as you described but assign it to the GS admin, Steve.

Include a task with the same info that's auto-sync'ed to SF.  

The marketing person could use SF activities to manage.  

Since when she closes the task in SF, it would NOT close the CTA in GS they could write another rule to auto-close the CTA the next day (regardless of the status of the task).

Question -- if they created the initial CTA in a 'closed' status, I assume the task would never sync, right?  So you'd have to creat the CTA and auto-close to get the task workflow, correct?

Thanks for everyone's help brainstorming ideas... 
Userlevel 5
This will not work. From Rules, we can put in the Contact name / email address of the bounced contact only in CTA name or Chatter comments, neither of this gets sync'd to SF.