More day filtering options in report builder

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Currently when you build reports off of the case object and you summarize by Date and filter for last 90 days the report reflects the Fiscal Year settings in SFDC.  We would like to see the option to filter more granular (IE Fiscal Day, Calendar Day, Business Days), and have the option to select Fiscal Settings in SFDC or an option for Month.  
This is a very big deal to us.  Our fiscal settings are setup the way they are for finance reasons.

But when I create reports using "Last 90 Days"  for example, the results show like this:

Of course if I use "Last X Days" and enter 90, I get the desired results (except for the decimals):

According to support, the bug is in "Last X Days" not "Last 90 Days" and when they fix the bug BOTH reports will reflect the Fiscal settings - which looks ridiculous.

Engineering designed this to respect the fiscal settings but I don't know why.   The above report examples are from the Case object depicting Cases Closed over Last 90 Days.  

What do support cases have to do with the fiscal values?  Most objects upon which we would want to aggregate by date don't have any correlation to fiscal values, therefore this design seems flawed.