Question

Can you only see the Gainsight widget in salesforce if you have a limited or full listener?

Badge
I need my sales team to be able to see the widget in salesforce but not all of them have limited liscenses.. Will they still see this?

4 replies

Badge +3
To see the widget, the user needs a Limited License.  
Badge
Hi Denise, My name is Pam and I am just re-connecting with the community. I was recently re-engaged with the ownership of Gainsight within my organization. I have two follow up questions to this i was hoping you might be able to clarify for me. If the SFDC user does not have a Gainsight license will they 1. see the link on the Account/Opportunity pages? and 2. if they scroll through the page, would the section show with an error? Thank you in advance.  
Badge +3
For your questions

1.  Will they see the link?  This is actually controlled by two things - a) the page layout assignment in SFDC and b) whether they have a license to Gainsight.  So if you have one page layout for all users with the GS Widget, then 

2. if they don't have a license they will have a message saying that they do not have access but the link/widget area will still show on their page.  

If you have sets of users that won't get licenses and you don't want to see it, you may be able to leverage different page layouts in SFDC to handle that (depending on your profile or record type setup).
Badge +3
I am getting clarification since in my demo org, for the user without license - i am not seeing the section at all.