Idea: Direct Vault Users to Asset Location After Download

Related products: None

Again - within Partner Training a thought came up that I think deserves attention.

We were training our team on Vault.  A point of frustration voiced by one of our team is that they couldn't easily find the asset after the download!

I've experienced this personally as well.  Names of some assets are long and often similar to others.  Is there a way we can highlight new/unused rules and take the user directly to that asset?  In other words, make it easy to find!
Great idea, Dave! I'm 100% on board with this idea. Rules are especially tricky to find since they are defaulted to inactive status in the rules engine. At the very least, it would be nice if there was a quick help button with instructions that let users know where to find the assets they download. 
Great idea, Dave.

While I'm thinking of opportunities to implement the same; Here is what I found the possibilities 

1) When a single asset is downloaded, we can potentially take the user to the respective module and open the asset. 

The downside of it is the user will be moved out of the Vault page(context switch). If the user wants to continue with downloading few more assets, he has to go back to vault home page and perform so.

2) Let the user download the way he is doing now, respective asset listing screens add another filter(probably recently downloaded) which will list out the recently downloaded ones.

This approach looks more promising without too much of impact.

Please update your views on the same!
Hi Srinivas!  

What about another option that downloads and opens the asset location in a separate tab?  

I do like #2 - recently downloaded.
That should be fine Dave, as long as the user download single asset at a time. But we do support multi asset download for few asset types, something to think of 🙂
Great ... I'll leave it up to the experts.  Ultimately I just thought this was a good customer observation (that impacts all Vault users).