Ability to see Success Plan Objectives in Timeline

Related products: None

Currently we track objectives through the success plan but when looking into the Timeline we cannot see objectives listed.  Would like the ability to track the Success Plan Objectives and be able to post objectives form the timeline to the Success Plan.
I hear you on the timeline thing. Is there a specific reason those CTAs can't just be CTAs? Is there a specific need to have them as a part of a success plan? Is it cosmetic?

One of the things that we have done is open up our cockpits to list objectives too, so now all CTAs are visible there. As far as the users go, ours typically interact with all CTAs from the cockpit where the distinction of a Success Plan CTA and a other kind of CTA isn't necessarily material. 
Our CSM's track the Success Plans for multiple customers, parent/child accounts so to have the holistic view of the customer multiple success plans within the timeline view would be beneficial for us.

How did you open up your cockpit to show Objectives?  This would definitely help us at least see the CTA's from a Success Plan perspective.

Hi Amanda,

In Admin -> Cockpit Configuration, under General Settings of Company and Relationship, you can find an option 'Show objectives in C360 Cockpit', enabling this flag will show SP Objectives in C360 Cockpit section (Note: If SP is in Draft stage, the Objectives will not be shown)

Doc: https://support.gainsight.com/Cockpit_and_Playbooks/Admin_Guides/Configure_Cockpit_List_View-General...

For, "Would like the ability to track the Success Plan Objectives and be able to post objectives form the timeline to the Success Plan."

We don't have option to create Objective CTA's from Timeline. Though we have an Option to Configure an Other CTA Type that can used while creating CTAs from Activities.

Let me know if anything else is required.
Something else to consider is that you can create Timeline entries directly from the CTA or Success Plan objective. These entries DO appear on the main Timeline and also serve to track progress and updates against specific objectives. 

More info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Cockpit_and_Playbooks/User_Guides/06_Using_Call_to_Action_(CTA)_and_Ta...
Thanks Dan, but they do not say that the CTA came from a Success Plan CTA (in the timeline), that is what I am looking for.

Thanks for that additional detail, Amanda. If a Timeline entry that was created from a Success Plan objective had an identifier to designate that it was from a Success Plan (instead of just a generic "CTA" as it is today), would that solve for this use case then?
Yes it would 🙂

Hi - Has there been any update on this? I have a similar issue I would like to solve for. When working with multiple points of contact, under the same account, they can have the same success plan. It would be VERY helpful to see the success plan name on the CTA.

Thanks

Adding to this thread since we have a similar request from the team.

It would be great to be able to create Objective CTAs and assign them to a Success Plan when login timeline activities.

Currently, when adding a task to a timeline activity an Activity CTA is created. However, it is often the case that we uncover one of their objectives when talking to a customer. In this instance, it would be great to create the “task” and then choose to assign it to an active Success Plan.

This could be via a second button “Add Objective” or via a “Add to Success Plan” dropdown when creating a task for the user to choose the Success Plan they want to add it to.

Is this something that you are considering adding?

@GarethR I will check on this and get back to you. Thanks for bumping this to the top.

@GarethR , thanks for sharing that feedback. We don’t have an immediate plan to support this as the team is occupied with other High-Priority items. Based on the number of likes, we can reprioritize.