Question

What fields are considered groupable for inclusion in the "by" report definition?

• 1 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Would like to determine what salesforce changes are required to get the kinds of reports I need. For example, I'd like to segment by Region but in my instance of salesforce, I can't do that.

2 replies

Hi Daniel, Generally you can 'group by' any non-numeric fields for report in Gainsight. So segmenting by region should work fine assuming it is a text. Another limitation is that if you want to group by date, it must be the first group by. Can you paste an example of the error you are seeing in your Gainsight report when trying to aggregate to provide more information? It may also be helpful to see if you can group by in Salesforce reports directly, and ask your Salesforce admin in case there is a unique setting. Thanks. 
Badge
I am having a problem with a field designated as "Formula (text)". Based on the comment above, this should be functional. I am currently getting the error "<Field Name> cannot be dropped into group by fields". 

Any guidance would be great!