Feedback on Survey Feedback Loop Feature

• 24 November 2016
  • 2 replies

We've been using the preview Survey Feedback feature for a week now and I can say that it seems solid. For those who are unsure of what this feature brings to the table, it allows us to know with 100% certainty which survey a response belongs to.

I know that sounds simple, but if a person logged multiple support requests in a day, that would generate multiple support requests. We have our system set to only send one survey per month, but we didn't know WHICH support request we had sent a survey for. To combat this problem, we devised a system that would guarantee only one survey of that type would be sent out to a person on any given day.

Ok, so that solved the problem of which survey was sent, but there was still the small issue of the response. There was no way to directly link this back to the original request beyond just guessing that the response was for the last survey we sent.

This feature takes the guesswork out of the process. Now the issue ID is passed to the EMail logs (so we know what we sent), along with the 'Survey Participant' table (so we know what we received). Much much better in that regard!

That's not to say it's perfect. To enable this, you have to edit every survey and populate the table/object, then open & save both the copilot e-mail and outreach. Failing to do that will mean the feature won't be enabled and you'll have to troubleshoot why it's not working. Also, any surveys sent out before this feature was enabled will be 'unlinked' until you manually populate the info with rules. That limitation was not at all unexpected though.

I'll add more info as we work through replacing our old rules with this feature.

2 replies

Thanks for the feedback Rich. 
Thanks for the feedback Rich! Would you be willing to provide a marketing quote on this new feature? Happy to follow up over email!