Question

How to add a dynamic filter to show last half of the year?

• 6 June 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
How do we filter completed date = last half year 

eg : Completed date that falls within 2H17 or 1H18?

6 replies

Hey Jahnavi - 

If you want this to be dynamic, you could create the global filter for completed date = last N days and select 182 as the "N".  This would give you a trailing six months of completions.  Would that work?

Thanks.

Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I think Tim's on to the solution here. You can also use "Current and Previous Quarter" as a potential option to capture half year segments.
Badge
Well, Thanks for both the solutions but I am looking at something which is 1st Jan to 30th June.

Last N days would be dynamic everyday 

CQ + PQ would also be dynamic
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jahnavi - how often would this filter need to change and what would trigger the changing of the filtered dates?
Badge
In our case the we want to calculate x occurrences for current half year which is July 1- Dec 30 for 2018. As soon as we go to 2019 I would need to change the dates for all reports
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jahnavi, yes, if you want to set a custom date range we have a "between" and "custom" filter criteria. 

The best way to do this so that you don't have to change the filters for all the reports is to set a Dashboard Filter where you define the custom date range. This way all the reports on that Dashboard will reflect that date range without you having to change the dates for all the reports.

See example below: